Home

Passing visuals are on when turned off in settings

This is a discussion on Passing visuals are on when turned off in settings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Passing visuals are on when turned off in settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Wait. Is this an Xbox only issue?
That I do not know for certain, as I haven't seen P.C. gameplay. However, PS4 gives you the option to turn off and it works. Check out SimFball Critic on youtube. He plays on PS4 and screen is clean, save for the captain stars. Edit: Sorry but watching retail build PS4 game now shows passing visuals. My bad and I apologize.

Really surprising to build a game with beautiful graphics like they did and not be able to turn off distracting visuals that take away from the enjoyment and immersion of the in-game experience.

Last edited by edgevoice; 08-07-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #18
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

That shows laziness and lack of respect for players that have played since 92.
Fix that over having a stupid Longshot story
Old 08-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #19
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
That I do not know for certain, as I haven't seen P.C. gameplay. However, PS4 gives you the option to turn off and it works. Check out SimFball Critic on youtube. He plays on PS4 and screen is clean, save for the captain stars.

Really surprising to build a game with beautiful graphics like they did and not be able to turn off distracting visuals that take away from the enjoyment and immersion of the in-game experience.

Don’t think it works correctly on PS4 either. Just pulled up his Bucs gameplay video from earlier in the day, and you can still see pass feedback.

This sounds like something that was broken along development and is way in the weeds as to how to fix. I remember the EA play videos and wondering why everyone seemed to be using those visual aids. Now it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Don’t think it works correctly on PS4 either. Just pulled up his Bucs gameplay video from earlier in the day, and you can still see pass feedback.

This sounds like something that was broken along development and is way in the weeds as to how to fix. I remember the EA play videos and wondering why everyone seemed to be using those visual aids. Now it makes sense.

I apologize and stand corrected. Just watched SimFBall new franchise mode game on PS4 and passing visuals are showing. I didn't see those during earlier videos he made and just assumed the videos showing visuals were folks playing on Pro difficulty as they try to get used to the new mechanics. Thanks.

Last edited by edgevoice; 08-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
That tweet from Clint just kicked me in the stomach. I know there are bigger bugs, but this for me is easily my biggest issue at launch. I was fairly certain it would be fixed, but his response suggests that they’re not looking to fix it.

I agree. I get that they need to look into some gameplay issues and those are far more important. However, Clint, who seems like a good egg, responded in a manner that leads me to think it's no big deal. Sometimes, the visual isn't all that noticeable. However, at other times, it flashes right across the receiver and db as the ball is coming in. That is what makes me nuts.

Ok, I've said enough on the subject and my sinus infection is making me very cranky.... Bottom line, if it bothers enough folks, maybe it get's rectified.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 04:31 PM   #22
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I know this thread is on passing visuals, but this occurs on user pass rush too. It’s gotta go!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »