Home

I bought Digital HOF Edition No TO on Cover?

This is a discussion on I bought Digital HOF Edition No TO on Cover? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: I bought Digital HOF Edition No TO on Cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
If you bought digital then you dont have a cover.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Right. I think OP thought the Madden pic on the dashboard would be the TO "cover" since it's HOF
Old 08-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Right. I think OP thought the Madden pic on the dashboard would be the TO "cover" since it's HOF
He is talking about the opening splash screen when you start the game. Also the icon on the Xbox dashboard.

Both should show T.O. for the HOF edition, not AB and they currently do not.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #35
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Well they should not show TO on the front of the digital version.

Sent from my [Honor 6X] using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #36
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

It is like this 2K games as well. You don’t get a different screen for buying the special edition. If you bought the Shaq edition of 2K you didn’t get him on the dashboard or loading screen they was all Kyrie. Last year with Madden and the GOAT edition for Brady didn’t have anything extra it was the same Brady cover as the regular game. Same thing with the Show. This is no different. For these special edition they are only giving you in game content to download and a different copy for physical copies but all of the digital stuff is the same as the regular versions.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
It is like this 2K games as well. You don’t get a different screen for buying the special edition. If you bought the Shaq edition of 2K you didn’t get him on the dashboard or loading screen they was all Kyrie. Last year with Madden and the GOAT edition for Brady didn’t have anything extra it was the same Brady cover as the regular game. Same thing with the Show. This is no different. For these special edition they are only giving you in game content to download and a different copy for physical copies but all of the digital stuff is the same as the regular versions.
There have been games before though I believe where it is like that and that is how we want it. I didn't pay extra money for the HOF version to see Browns ugly mug every night, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #38
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There have been games before though I believe where it is like that and that is how we want it. I didn't pay extra money for the HOF version to see Browns ugly mug every night, LOL
With this generation of systems I have yet to see one. I remember the first time it really made me mad was NBA 2K16 and they had the special Jordan edition and the regular had Curry, Harden, and Davis on the cover. I bought the Jordan edition and booted it up and was like why is those three guys here it’s supposed to be MJ?? Same thing was there with 2K17. Kobe was the special edition but everything on the console was Paul George.

If you think about it though it makes sense why they do it that way. It would be too costly to pay and have it programmed to show different load screens, images, and a completely different dashboard just for people who bought a version with a different cover on it. Imagine they did that and the special edition had a crash on the load screen. Now they have to use a patch to fix an issue that only is going to affect a very small percentage of the people who actually bought the game. They would have to separate the two from a programming standpoint for patches and everything else. Almost like 2 different games. The cost doesn’t add up. Yes people like us who want the MJ or TO or whoever else cover will be mad but the vast majority of the people who get it do so just for the extra content and don’t care about the cover and probably 90 percent of the people who buy the game don’t even purchase the special edition anyway lol
Old 08-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #39
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

I’m actually the opposite lol. I didn’t want TO on my cover but I wanted the bonus packs and what not so I was all for the digital version so I could get the bonus but never see TO at all lol. Same thing with 2K17. I didn’t want Kobe but I wanted the 100,000 VC and early access. So I bought the digital and got my bonuses and no Kobe lol
Old 08-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #40
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What game in that past has had this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »