Home

the CPU doesn't progress players based on scheme

This is a discussion on the CPU doesn't progress players based on scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
the CPU doesn't progress players based on scheme

just wanted to throw this out there.. the CPU does not progress their player based on what scheme they are running. its all randomized. example Carson Wentz is 86 west coast which is the scheme, but hes higher in strong arm and field general by a few points. you would think the CPU would upgrade his west coast but they don't. the CPU progressed him in strong arm and field general and not west coast. I bring this up because I had heard on here before release that it was an improvement to player progression this year that the CPU teams will mold their players to fit what they are trying to do but thats sadly not the case. not only does this make franchise less realistic in a way but its also less fun because now I can't progress my players to fit my scheme otherwise its unfair, since the CPU is incapable of doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: the CPU doesn't progress players based on scheme

Damn, I was afraid that might be the case... I already noticed that teams sign free agents and draft out of their scheme but I was hoping that they would just from them into it... So franchise is still fundamentally unchanged again.... Garbage!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Were you tracking Carson's development specifically? What other players have you tracked?

Edit: Hmm, in my CFM, I checked Carson Wentz after 8 weeks and the cpu upgraded his Throw under pressure, Throw Power, Throw Acc Short which are all West Coast attributes.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-07-2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Were you tracking Carson's development specifically? What other players have you tracked?

Edit: Hmm, in my CFM, I checked Carson Wentz after 8 weeks and the cpu upgraded his Throw under pressure, Throw Power, Throw Acc Short which are all West Coast attributes.

I tracked Wentz, Agholor, Ertz, Lane Johnson, Ronald Darby, all guys who were within 1 or 2 points from matching the scheme. after 2 years, none of them are any closer to matching the scheme, and some have gotten further away from it (darby got boosted in man to man and zone is now 2 points behind instead of 1 for example). and with guys like Wentz he went up 9 OVR points so no reason that if the CPU was in fact progressing based on scheme that he would not have gotten west coast to his leading archetype by now.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
just wanted to throw this out there.. the CPU does not progress their player based on what scheme they are running. its all randomized. example Carson Wentz is 86 west coast which is the scheme, but hes higher in strong arm and field general by a few points. you would think the CPU would upgrade his west coast but they don't. the CPU progressed him in strong arm and field general and not west coast. I bring this up because I had heard on here before release that it was an improvement to player progression this year that the CPU teams will mold their players to fit what they are trying to do but thats sadly not the case. not only does this make franchise less realistic in a way but its also less fun because now I can't progress my players to fit my scheme otherwise its unfair, since the CPU is incapable of doing it.
Whats funny is, historically, the West Coast system DID box in quite a few players, such as Brett Favre. Imagine what he would have done in a Gibbs/Martz type of offense over the years?!

.. but NOW, today, there is no TRUE West Coast system. Its 5 guys at the line, and 1 or 2 of them will win their battle, simply based on athleticism. That's not even a scheme. Sure, the principles exist. But those pre-date Walsh considerably. (Sid Gillman)

... as to your main point, SUCH a shame! Same old, same old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Damn, I was afraid that might be the case... I already noticed that teams sign free agents and draft out of their scheme but I was hoping that they would just from them into it... So franchise is still fundamentally unchanged again.... Garbage!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yup. Schemes are just a gimmick as CPU teams do not draft or sign players that fit their scheme. This also gives the user an unfair advantage due to extra XP earned by having scheme fit players. Another issue is CPU drafting and free agent logic. I saw the cowboys sign L. Bell in 2019 free agency. CFM is largely unchanged.

Last edited by JayD; 08-07-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I tracked Wentz, Agholor, Ertz, Lane Johnson, Ronald Darby, all guys who were within 1 or 2 points from matching the scheme. after 2 years, none of them are any closer to matching the scheme, and some have gotten further away from it (darby got boosted in man to man and zone is now 2 points behind instead of 1 for example). and with guys like Wentz he went up 9 OVR points so no reason that if the CPU was in fact progressing based on scheme that he would not have gotten west coast to his leading archetype by now.

an update after year 3, Wentz west coast (scheme fit) archetype is his LOWEST rated archetype. Darby got more man to man upgrades and now has 90 man to man and 87 zone (the scheme fit is zone) so him and Wentz are actually being progressed further away from being a scheme fit by the CPU. thats case closed as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Well this is pretty terrible then...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »