Home

Gaining XP in CFM

This is a discussion on Gaining XP in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Gaining XP in CFM

Sounds like if you're not playing the games or doing the drills you cannot progress like before. Not great for guys who sim.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #10
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Sounds like if you're not playing the games or doing the drills you cannot progress like before. Not great for guys who sim.
Yeah I believe that is the truth. From what I have seen, the most important thing is scheme fit with coach XP boosts (both weekly training XP and position boosts). Also making the pro bowl gets some nice XP. It is tough to improve players for sure. I do enjoy the challenge so far.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #11
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Keep in mind theratings have been scaled this year. I had a 4th year left tackle at an 83 overall who was considered the 9th best tackle in the league. If he's an 83 overall and is the 9th best tackle in the league why would I need him to be a 90 overall. Seems like overkill. I like the way the ratings were scaled back. PLayers in the 80's are actually really good now, and anyone above a 72 is serviceable. There should be differential between the guys in the high 80's and guys in the low 70's. I really like the progression this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Keep in mind theratings have been scaled this year. I had a 4th year left tackle at an 83 overall who was considered the 9th best tackle in the league. If he's an 83 overall and is the 9th best tackle in the league why would I need him to be a 90 overall. Seems like overkill. I like the way the ratings were scaled back. PLayers in the 80's are actually really good now, and anyone above a 72 is serviceable. There should be differential between the guys in the high 80's and guys in the low 70's. I really like the progression this year.
I have no issue with them scaling back the ratings. It's just if they are going to do that they should have scaled back the ratings of the current roster. There are 116 players rated 90 and above in the current roster. I just don't see the generated classes being able to duplicate the current ratings.

I did find that winning definitely affects how many dev points are doled out. I've simmed out to 2025 and the one year the Broncos went 11-5 and made the playoffs a lot of players received increases. Multiple increases. So it is possible even when simming to level up guys. Had a safety that wasn't a scheme fit but his secondary skill was close enough and this guy got up to an 89 in 3 years. Came in at 80. What's odd is I had a tackle never get an increaseCame in an 81 and remained there for 5 years. He was a scheme fit with a star dev trait. Maybe he was an anomaly.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #13
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

OVR: 1

yeah that is odd for the left tackle.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

This is just not true. Default CPU sims @ Bronze so you're getting a fraction of what you would be getting if you were doing Gold training.

Now, you could make it so you only allow yourself to use Bronze (to keep it even) and in that case you may want to up XP sliders in some cases.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »