Home

Hardest rebuild? (Long Term)

This is a discussion on Hardest rebuild? (Long Term) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hardest rebuild? (Long Term)

I’d say the Dolphins would be the hardest. Their best players are aging, they don’t have a strong young core, they don’t have a franchise/future qb.

Last edited by jyod21; 08-12-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #10
Rookie

The dolphins have a pretty putrid roster. Minkah is a stud but I've had to completely overhaul the rest of their roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve115658
Colts, you have luck but he's injury prone and the roster is rough around him

Bengals- do you finally move on from Dalton? The core is getting old and they haven't drafted very well recently

Seems like a weird year for a rebuild as a lot of teams are ready to win now or have a ton of young good madden talent, these are the two I'm between right now, leaning more towards Bengals because then I get to pick my own qb and finally move on from Marvin Lewis lol
Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #11
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I started doing a Broncos one and that was difficult due to their offense. Seahawks would be a challenge also after losing a lot of their defense, plus there o-line needs major work still
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

I actually went with the browns, mainly because their team kinda sucks and they have a stud young qb. But as for the worst, it's probably the jets. I thought about trying to rebuild them, but I like the browns uniforms more.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #13
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Personally, I think (depending on cap room) the Packers would be tough too, outside of Rodgers. They have nothing else besides him, and if he ends up leaving that franchise is ******. And im being 100% honest in my claim, I'm not saying this just because I'm a Bears fan.

EDIT: Regardless, the worst rebuild is a good team with 0 cap room that will never have enough to contend. Just because you know you cant blow it up because you're still a good team, yet you always know it'll never be enough and wont matter.

Last edited by itsmb8; 08-12-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #14
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Great thread OP, lots of interesting takes in here. I was on that Bengals vs Colts rollercoaster for a while (Dolphins would be a good rebuild project, but I can't use a division rival lol), but the Colts have too much cap space & I'm not really into a Bengals CFM - so I finally settled on the Buccaneers.

I remember, in a similar thread, someone brought up a good point about how the most challenging rebuilds are the middling teams. Not too much cap space, not getting top-5 picks, roster is suspect, etc.

So taking that into account...I'm rolling with the Buccs. (After year one) Gonna move on from Koetter, switching up the schemes to west coast zone run and a multiple 3-4, and I'm going to try to draft Jameis' replacement in the '19 draft and bring him along slowly - I'll let Winston hit FA after year 2.

Should be pretty interesting. Gonna have a ton of work to do with the defense after switching schemes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »