Home

Batted passes

This is a discussion on Batted passes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #1
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

OVR: 0
Batted passes

Anyone seeing an over abundance of batted balls in this game?

Linebackers jumping 10 feet in the air batting passes. If a ball goes over a defender that is chasing a wr he wil automatically bat the ball while in the chasing motion.

Thats not realistic. In the nfl batted passes mainly happen at the line. You rarely see lbs batting passing and you surr dont see them doing it while chasing/covering another guy that the oass isnt even thrown to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Batted passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03
Anyone seeing an over abundance of batted balls in this game?

Linebackers jumping 10 feet in the air batting passes. If a ball goes over a defender that is chasing a wr he wil automatically bat the ball while in the chasing motion.

Thats not realistic. In the nfl batted passes mainly happen at the line. You rarely see lbs batting passing and you surr dont see them doing it while chasing/covering another guy that the oass isnt even thrown to
YESSSSSS another thing that must be patched, this was an issue way back in the day but hasn't been in years until Madden 19. I hope it gets fixed this game has so much potential but there are a lot of things that are holding it back, if they get fixed then it's a great game

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

While watching the Charger pre season game a pass was thrown over the middle to a receiver cutting across the middle. The middle-linebacker Was in perfect position to jump up and swat the ball, all he could do was watch the ball go by, his reaction was , oh there’s the ball he made a slight turn toward it but could not react fast enough to even raise his arms . Completed pass for seven yards.

After the game I played madden 19. In that game one pass play in particular was thrown over the middle to my wide receiver who is covered by the slot cornerback who looked like he was beat on the play, Only to have a linebacker who was guarding the tight end make a complete 180° turn with his back to the quarterback he jumped up and swated the ball without even seeing it.

Yes this needs to be corrected, I understand that these guys are world class athletes but they shouldn’t be able to make super human unbelievable Reactions

I wonder why my CPU controlled defensive players do not make the same type of unbelievable superhuman reactions .
Old 08-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Bullet passes seem to trigger what appear to be super jumps by defenders who then bat the ball. If you're trying to get it over a linebacker or whatever and "drop it in," use the double tap to do so. I don't know if it's poor trajectory on bullet passes, or if its in there to purposefully make you use the other throw options (high/low/double tap).

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

yea im noticing this like crazy. lbs are batting and super jump intercepting all kinds of balls they shouldnt be able to get to. the funny thing is its when its a bunch of average players playing well above their attributes. even the cbs that are average are all juiced up. low 70s corners locking down ppl with 75 man cvg. somethings wrong with d in this game. that ghost of madden past is back in full effect. 1st canned tackles with no physics and forcefields are back and also the superman lbs. geez
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

Yes I’ve noticed this big time this year. I’ll throw a pass and a LB will either bat it or make a super human stretch and pick it off. I’d say 9/10 interceptions I’ve thrown this game have been to LBs in the middle and most would not have been picks in a real game. I’ve seen a CPU LB with 6 Passes Defended in a game because of the swatting.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #7
Rookie

uncpride's Arena

Lol happened yesterday, my CB batted a ball back about 15-20 yards and my LB picked it off
Old 08-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
yea im noticing this like crazy. lbs are batting and super jump intercepting all kinds of balls they shouldnt be able to get to. the funny thing is its when its a bunch of average players playing well above their attributes. even the cbs that are average are all juiced up. low 70s corners locking down ppl with 75 man cvg. somethings wrong with d in this game. that ghost of madden past is back in full effect. 1st canned tackles with no physics and forcefields are back and also the superman lbs. geez
This is correct, use touch passing and you will see a lot less batted balls

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »