Home

What was the point of the Beta?

This is a discussion on What was the point of the Beta? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
What was the point of the Beta?

EA already knew the feedback about the lack of cpu run game success but still released the game with that untouched. Competitive players are praising this game while the single players are suffering scrambling for the right sliders.The first gameplay patch is gonna be crucial because it will let the single players know what's their first priority ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What was the point of the Beta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
EA already knew the feedback about the lack of cpu run game success but still released the game with that untouched. Competitive players are praising this game while the single players are suffering scrambling for the right sliders.The first gameplay patch is gonna be crucial because it will let the single players know what's their first priority ect.
The Beta basically set the board for fixes. Everything from the beta wasn't going to get fixed by release. There were some game breaking bugs that probably took precedent over all. I'm sure it's on there, but it's going to take them some time to work through everything that came out of that as well as release.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Like T4Verts said, it's to get a basis for fixes. Sometimes they are simple to fix in time for release, like typos in tickers and such. Fixing the running game, I can assume, would require quite a bit of work in the overall coding, so it takes longer. It could quite literally be that they've been working on a patch to fix it since then.

Remember, sometimes things you see as an issue, others don't. There were tons of "issues" brought up in beta that were split between keeping it as is and fixing it. A fix to you may be considered a mistake and an issue by another.

There were a lot, and are a lot, of complaints about the running game. A lot of people are also saying how much they like it. Every aspect gets mixed feedback, so unless it's heavily favored one way or another, it probably will go unchanged. Also, keep in mind they told us it was different. Because of this, they might have wanted to give some time to adjust before jumping the gun.

"Let the gamers figure out how to run, and if they're still complaining weeks after release, we will patch it. If they haven't figured it out by then, it's clearly an issue" type mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I think the running game needs a patch too, I couldn't get more than 1-2 yard averages with my starters in. Sliders solved it.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Geeze. People are still complaining about the running game I see. It's really a shame because this game is going to get patched into oblivion because of the complaints this year. For the people having trouble with the running game you really need to just start playing on competitive style gameplay, or adjust and realize that not every run is going to be a home run like years past. What's sad is that once this game DOES get patched (lets face it it will. Too many people refuse to adjust), ripping off those 40 plus yard runs are going to go back to being so unrewarding.

I am having absolutely no issues with the run game. I honestly believe people are just flat out refusing to drop old bad habits. That's really the only explanation I can think of because I am not even that good of a player and I figured out the run game within the first two days

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 08-14-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Geeze. People are still complaining about the running game I see. It's really a shame because this game is going to get patched into oblivion because of the complaints this year. For the people having trouble with the running game you really need to just start playing on competitive style gameplay, or adjust and realize that not every run is going to be a home run like years past. What's sad is that once this game DOES get patched (lets face it it will. Too many people refuse to adjust), ripping off those 40 plus yard runs are going to go back to being so unrewarding.

I am having absolutely no issues with the run game. I honestly believe people are just flat out refusing to drop old bad habits. That's really the only explanation I can think of because I am not even that good of a player and I figured out the run game within the first two days

I'm not having much of an issue with the run game but I do want to say, I have no desire to play competitive style. I prefer sim and that's how I personally play. My biggest complaint of the gameplay, is specifically the CPU run game. The right sliders can help this but when you have people needing to make edits to traits and/or attributes in order to get the cpu running, I think that's a problem. My opinion is, user running is fine, cpu running needs tuning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:

Personally, I think it's a bit over the top as even with adjusting I have no running game. My Cowboys OLine was getting beat every play, and Elliott couldn't even make it to the LOS. I was getting 1.5 YPC, even not sprinting, using one cut, and being patient. I only got success when 2nd team guys came in, oddly. Probably due to fatigue, I would think.

You have a good point though. With what you said, I'd rather fix it with sliders instead of a patch. Sliders have provided me a good balance, and they're more customizable than a patch.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #7
Rookie

TEE04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

well said, Boom
Old 08-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Guys notice I said cpu lacking running success not human.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »