Home

4-6 defense scheme

This is a discussion on 4-6 defense scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
4-6 defense scheme

So, I'm using the 4-6 defense scheme and looking for a play book to use. Which teams playbook would be best? Also, for a spread offense, which is best?

Thank you. Any help is appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 4-6 defense scheme

No current nfl team is running a 46 def scheme. Unless ur referring to defensive squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-16-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm3174
No current nfl team is running a 46 def scheme. Unless ur referring to defensive squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Ok, so there's no point in choosing that defensive scheme? Or does playbook choice matter?
Old 08-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Fours's Arena

It's a very effective scheme even today in the NFL, the issue is that as soon as there are 3 receivers on the field, or even a flexed/split TE you have to transition into a more conventional defense. It's part of the effectiveness of spread offense, limit the D's ability to send help to gaps and blitz from difficult to recognize alignments.

Bottom line is that no one is willing to hang their hat on a defense you can run for 30% of defensive snaps. As far as Madden goes, you can just crowd the box is a 43 or 34 front and get exactly the same result as you would get from 46. But 46 can still be found in several playbooks.

TL;DR - don't
Old 08-17-2018, 05:52 AM   #5
Rookie

4-6 is a part in some playbooks and I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to use it especially on early downs. Some playbooks have very nice blitzes from 4-6 and still most relevant types of zone defense.

If you want to defend 3 WR sets with a 4-6 you may need some faster LB or put a S in there, otherwise it might be tough. But still if you have a fast, agile LB with 85+ speed, you can defend most WR's. Just don't put them 1 on 1 with Tyreek Hill on a deep pass

PS: I will try this year to have 4-6 as my base defense in CFM. Will see how it works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Mr.Tennessee's Arena

The speed package from the 4-6 is pretty good because it subs out your outside backers with CBs so you still have defenders in the box but a little more speed to cover to the sideline and defend decently well against 3 WRs or a split TE.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #7
MVP

Okay, so if I choose the scheme on coaches area, its not so much about choosing the right playbook as its about choosing the right players that fit? I wonder what actual effect on gameplay does your scheme have, other than how your defense lines up, does it affect anything really in game?
Old 08-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Okay, so if I choose the scheme on coaches area, its not so much about choosing the right playbook as its about choosing the right players that fit? I wonder what actual effect on gameplay does your scheme have, other than how your defense lines up, does it affect anything really in game?
As far as I can tell its just progression effects

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »