Home

How to Disengage From OL

This is a discussion on How to Disengage From OL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How to Disengage From OL

I used the DL and can not disengage the blocker.
In past madden I could use speed button & finesse/power button and would disengage 60% of the time getting a few user sacks a game.

This year seems players are glued to the blocker

Help with step by step...please!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to Disengage From OL

It depends what difficulty you're on. I'm on all-pro. A good get off on the line, and hitting the button (either swim or spin) at the right time helps. Make sure to use your stick to do it in the direction you want, otherwise you may spin right back into the lineman.

I get maybe 1 a game. This game, overall, plays much more realistic than some past versions. So 2-3 sacks a game by a user, or any player, is very rare to come by. If you play on a lower level like pro or rookie, you may be able to get through more often.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
It depends what difficulty you're on. I'm on all-pro. A good get off on the line, and hitting the button (either swim or spin) at the right time helps. Make sure to use your stick to do it in the direction you want, otherwise you may spin right back into the lineman.

I get maybe 1 a game. This game, overall, plays much more realistic than some past versions. So 2-3 sacks a game by a user, or any player, is very rare to come by. If you play on a lower level like pro or rookie, you may be able to get through more often.
The top pass rushers average a little over 3 hurries a game, the best teams get pressure about 1/3 of the time. As you say 2-3 sacks by a User or getting pressure on half the plays completely ruins the the balance of the game if you're looking for realism.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
I used the DL and can not disengage the blocker.

In past madden I could use speed button & finesse/power button and would disengage 60% of the time getting a few user sacks a game.

This year seems players are glued to the blocker

Help with step by step...please!

It would be the power or finesse button accordingly (xb1) x or a, and it is dependent on the rush move rating vs pass block rating and a little bit of str v str and agi v agi... Also if your move fails there is a small recovery period before you can try again...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

I think realism in this case would be for the CPU to fake hiking the ball and try to draw the defense offside, as a mean to counter the user-controlled jump at the snap. If the user has the stick skill and hand-eye coordination, he should be allowed to earn his sacks and QB hurries based on his skills.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

How to Disengage From OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I think realism in this case would be for the CPU to fake hiking the ball and try to draw the defense offside, as a mean to counter the user-controlled jump at the snap. If the user has the stick skill and hand-eye coordination, he should be allowed to earn his sacks and QB hurries based on his skills.

I agree that some more hard counts would help. I don’t think the pass rush is an issue. A good get off does not mean you should get a sack easily, just like real life. Your perfect timing on defense does not mean the offense doesn’t also have perfect timing. Just like using a spin doesn’t mean an offensive lineman isn’t prepared for it.

You still earn sacks with stick skills. It’s just not as often as before, because the focus is on realism. If you want to earn 3, 4, or more sacks/hurries with one player as a user, go to a lower difficulty or nerf your sliders to where the game allows it.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 08-18-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367

Maybe on competitive mode, but not on sim, because otherwise what is the point of ratings.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Maybe on competitive mode, but not on sim, because otherwise what is the point of ratings.

Correct, competitive and arcade are not based on realistic football or physics...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »