Home

Commentary ruining end of Super Bowl

This is a discussion on Commentary ruining end of Super Bowl within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Commentary ruining end of Super Bowl

Anyone just play with the sound still up but commentary turned off? How does it sound?

I dont always have the luxury of having my headphones for music, so I put up with the commentary..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #18
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish we could just end the "real life" commentators all together. I loved the way 2k handled it with just hiring two voice actors, or even how Madden does it in Longshot with the high school announcers, which are the best madden has ever had! The problem with the real life guys is it never matches the gameplay, they are used to calling games based on real life speed not video game speed. Whether it has been Collinsworth, Simms or now Davis the color guy goes off on these long soliloquies that last 3 plays in the game and ends up missing actual action.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #19
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Anyone just play with the sound still up but commentary turned off? How does it sound?

I dont always have the luxury of having my headphones for music, so I put up with the commentary..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's how I play every sports game - I like hearing the stadium sounds - you get the PA announcer and the music in the stadium, fan chants and other sound effects. Much better than hearing the announcers drone on.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #20
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by derboehsevincent
I'd really like to have a tuned down commentary. Just the player name, yards, etc. I don't want to hear the repeating stories anymore. ...Fireworks, pyrotechnics - you name it.
Just turn commentary all the way down and you will hear the PA announcer give the play results just as though you went to a game. It's how I play all sports games.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Almost every game is the Super Bowl for the commentary since "He was instrumental in the NFC Championship Game, and this is his first catch of the Super Bowl" - Week 2 commentary.

There are huge issues across the board with this game, and commentary is one of the biggest sores.

Go 11 for 15 passing and hear lines about how "he still hasn't thrown an incomplete pass in this game"

Up by 20 with 0:50 left? Take a knee and hear about how the D has three timeouts left, let's see how they use them. Take a knee again with 0:10 left and hear about them not taking timeouts still. Run the ball on third down late in the game when you are up big, and have the commentary talk about how they just don't understand the play calling.

There is absolutely zero context, and it pains me so much. I want so badly to like Madden. But I just can't. It's not good. It's not going to be good. I've been holding out real hope since Ian Cummings and Madden 10, and I've just never gotten it. I don't play online competitive or MUT or Longshot though, so I don't count. I just want to run a franchise that feels somewhat real.

This game just isn't driven by the details. The real NFL season hasn't even started yet and I think I'm done with it. That sucks. And for the record, I've always been an optimist with this game. I don't think I can be anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I wish we could just end the "real life" commentators all together. I loved the way 2k handled it with just hiring two voice actors, or even how Madden does it in Longshot with the high school announcers, which are the best madden has ever had! The problem with the real life guys is it never matches the gameplay, they are used to calling games based on real life speed not video game speed. Whether it has been Collinsworth, Simms or now Davis the color guy goes off on these long soliloquies that last 3 plays in the game and ends up missing actual action.
Unfortunately this is just more laziness by the madden team. Both nba 2k and mlb the show have commentary mechanics where the play by play guy interrupts those long color rants when an important play occurs. I think I’m 2k they even come back to it and finish the thought.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #23
MVP

That’s crazy because 18 was pretty good imho
Old 09-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #24
Rookie

Super Bowl commentary was the worst I ever heard.

I won the game as the Texans. 20 games invested. 20 plus hours.

I win the game. Que the celebration. The commentary just stops early while the celebration kept going. Like they added the commentary years ago (which they did), and then added animations piecemeal over the years (which they also did), while giving absolutely f*** all if it lined up in any coherent way.

So no emotion. Commentary stops. Then starts again randomly for a brief “The final score..” thing. Stop abruptly again. Showed some players on the podium getting the Lombardi. But not JJ Watt.

Let me say that again. Texans won the Super Bowl. Lombardi is being hoisted. Watt is nowhere to be seen.

It never told me who won the MVP.

3/10. Would not win the Super Bowl again.

If it wasn’t for the awesome slider and roster work by guys like Armor and Sword, this game would be shelved.

MUT is a curse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »