Home

Best O Books for Spread Scheme Type

This is a discussion on Best O Books for Spread Scheme Type within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2018, 11:55 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Best O Books for Spread Scheme Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Maybe it's different for online leagues but I've watched games played in said league user vs user with custom uniforms being played in the rain

In terms of a spread playbook though you're really gonna have to specify what type of spread you want to run. Do you want lots of designed QB runs/options? What type of passing concepts are you looking for etc.
I have yet to be able to alter any uniform options or use a custom PB and get inclement weather in offline CFM games. I've done Dec. in BUF game tests where I get snow every time I enter w/ the default settings and I get sunshine every time I alter a setting.

As for the concepts, I'd love short, WCO concepts w/ zone running. I love slant, stick, spot, levels, mesh, and the screen game.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:57 PM   #10
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Look at the Saints playbook.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:05 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I have yet to be able to alter any uniform options or use a custom PB and get inclement weather in offline CFM games. I've done Dec. in BUF game tests where I get snow every time I enter w/ the default settings and I get sunshine every time I alter a setting.

As for the concepts, I'd love short, WCO concepts w/ zone running. I love slant, stick, spot, levels, mesh, and the screen game.
I'd first look at playbooks labeled "West Coast Zone Run" I found a description of every playbook here https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...ef_source=link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 12:28 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'd be happy to be proven wrong w/ video evidence, but Ren and I tested this this year and found that if you change any aspect of your uniform or the CPU's uniform or use a custom playbook for yourself, weather is disabled and every game will be played in the radiant splendor of a sunny day.

This also is the case if you control the CPU coach to get depth charts right and if you assign the CPU a custom PB to get their play calling closer to life.

#maddenlife
Well you know I only roll with custom playbooks, currently been using my Peyton Manning based scheme and I’ve had a heavy rain game in Tampa and light snow in Green Bay.

I know it sounds crazy but I once started a CFM game. Had to turn it off for life reasons. Came back to it later and “resumed” in progress and the weather changed completely to very light rain. Something to experiment with if you’re really desperate for it.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

from my offiline Bucs franchise.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
I'd be happy to be proven wrong w/ video evidence, but Ren and I tested this this year and found that if you change any aspect of your uniform or the CPU's uniform or use a custom playbook for yourself, weather is disabled and every game will be played in the radiant splendor of a sunny day.

This also is the case if you control the CPU coach to get depth charts right and if you assign the CPU a custom PB to get their play calling closer to life.

#maddenlife
I use a custom playbook and it was definitely raining the first two games of the preseason for me as tennessee.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Nemo
I use a custom playbook and it was definitely raining the first two games of the preseason for me as tennessee.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Thank you, and I happily stand corrected. I loaded 15-20 CFM games that should have been weather games given the time of year and location and could never get weather in a game where I altered uniforms. I’m glad to know I just had really bad luck in that test sample. I very much like to customize both teams’ uniforms before games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #16
MVP

I have had all weather conditions in my online franchise with a custom book. I have not changed uniforms but am interested to know if that would turn off the wind affects on punting. I would much rather play in the sun withoit the wind affects than the snow and rain that have very little impact other than visual anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »