Home

Madden 19's Playoff Atmosphere

This is a discussion on Madden 19's Playoff Atmosphere within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0

The atmosphere of an NFL playoff is completely different compared to regular season matchup. The overall presentation, the commentary, backstories of teams/players/coaches and the performance of both teams are at a whole different level. So how does Madden NFL 19 live up to those expectations?

In my first Madden NFL 19 playoff experience, I had a good round of commentary throughout the game. I know most will say otherwise and I am sure I am in store for my share of inaccurate or untimely commentary, but my firsts game was impressive. The commentators stated things like, "[Player A] had two catches in last week's Wild Card matchup," "With that kneel they will be one game away from the Super Bowl," and "They would not have won the division without him." All of which I found impressive. The downside...no mention of the fact that one of my players was league MVP, although you could argue that in real life that isn't announced until after the season.

I am curious to hear about your experiences in playoff games in Madden NFL 19. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Were there some lines from the commentators that were shockingly unique and different to the playoff game? Could you tell that the crowd noise was a little bit louder during key moments in the game (this is hard to tell since every game in Madden is sold out)? How about the gameplay itself. Did you feel as though the CPU was a bit tougher than the regular season even though your settings were unchanged?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Re: Madden 19's Playoff Atmosphere

I'm sure lots of shills like Madden.

The rest of us are not so hot on commentary this year, especially in the Super-Bowl...

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...uper-bowl.html
Old 09-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I'm sure lots of shills like Madden.

The rest of us are not so hot on commentary this year, especially in the Super-Bowl...

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...uper-bowl.html
Yeah, it was that thread plus my first playoff game that inspired me to start this thread. I don't get through seasons fast enough to really conclude on whether the majority of people have a bad experience or not. I know what to expect when it comes to commentary and sports games and through my 1 game, I have been impressed with the low amount of inaccurate or ill-timed commentary. Plus the team introductions and halftime show were also impressive.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I made it into playoffs in year one in my CFM and lost in the divisional round with home field advantage (typical Cowboys lol). Madden, aside from some specific commentary, lacks any change in atmosphere for playoffs.

I'm not particularly upset about it, it has been that way as long as I can remember, even in NCAA games. Aside from maybe a short special intro or a post game celebration and a few lines from broadcasters, every game is the same. It would be cool if they had say, some special fan shots (like NCAA used to have with custom signs) or they players seemed extra excited after plays like celebrating a 20+ yard run.

I have found, over the years, the biggest atmosphere change is how you, as a user, get pumped up for the game. It's in how into it you are. Sometimes I get so into it that I stand up for big plays because I can't stay in my seat lol.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

The commentary and lack of atmosphere is why I turn the sound off and just listen to music or something while I play. Sometimes I’ll just listen to crowd noise and stadium PA to give myself of being there feel. I get excited and into it my own ways. I was in an online league and we had headsets, I pumped “we ready” into my headset so the guy I was against would hear it through the start up haha. Just the little things you do can make the game(s) that much more meaningful.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

The consensus so far is that the whole playoff environment could use some updates. Another thing I experienced was that the commentators did properly recognize a situation where the team was lining up to kick a go-ahead FG with less than 10 seconds left, "...a kick away from a trip to the Super Bowl." I thought this was great stuff until they missed the kick, time was still on the clock, and the same excitement they just had pre-snap on the FG attempt evaporated. I kneeled the ball and no celebration ensued. Very disappointing.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

anyone else notice the crowd gets really really quiet in between plays during the super bowl.....like you can hear a pin drop. Totally ruins immersion.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #8
MVP

I have commentary turned off. After you play 50 games of madden it just starts grating on the nerves. For every pertinent thing they say there are 2 things tbat are just irritating, playoffs included. It breaks immersion more often than it offers it. I think we are a long way away from commentary being good. The investment would just be too big. Not complaining because once i turn it off i am fine. Coaches are not listening to the tv broadcast anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »