Home

Best way to re-sign players in M19 CFM?

This is a discussion on Best way to re-sign players in M19 CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:35 AM   #1
MVP

GJD23's Arena

OVR: 0
Best way to re-sign players in M19 CFM?

Any ideas here guys?

Best way to sign players that best helps the overall teams salary cap and available funds?

In previous versions of Madden I would bump up the signing bonus and reduce the salary to keep the salary cap in check and so more of the players contract would be paid by my available funds. This way I had the ability to sign more players and less likely to see myself in a bad cap situation or have stars leave.

What do you guys do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Best way to re-sign players in M19 CFM?

It depends on the player.

If it's a player I know I'm going to keep for quite awhile, I'll move a fair bit of the total into signing bonus.

If, on the other hand, it's a player I can see myself replacing via the draft within a couple years (older player that might regress faster than I like, a backup I'm not horribly invested in, a position that hasn't had a good replacement come up via draft or FA yet), I'll do the opposite, and get the bonus as low as I can. The salary cap penalty for cutting or trading a player is calculated from the prorated remaining bonus....lower bonus, less penalty.

It's also worth noting (and in conjunction with the above), the AI calculates the desirability of contracts based on the contract total, not the average per year. So, adding a year or two onto the contract will increase the contract total without increasing the salary cap hit per year (in fact, it'll reduce the cap hit for the first few years due to how the salary portion is calculated by the game). Cheap way to make the contract more desirable to the player without actually paying out more per year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »