Home

Kamara arm tape and nose ring will be added to Madden 19

This is a discussion on Kamara arm tape and nose ring will be added to Madden 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #57
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Kamara arm tape and nose ring will be added to Madden 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
I don’t think you guys are getting how this works. Not every update is going to be primarily focused on gameplay. EA has multiple departments/personal that work on different aspects of the game. The hype for equipment is because Kane (who I think works on equipment only) is releasing new content today in the patch and he’s hinted that it’s “very cool” whatever it is. This doesn’t mean that there won’t be gameplay updates as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Im assuming its a full patch. With the patch schedule I feel its unlikely for just an equipment patch.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #58
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
Reading this thread has shown me why user bug reports get ignored.

Some of the insanely pedantic things people are complaining about like the arm tape looking “painted on” or whatever it is are just too hard to take seriously. If people complain so much about something so incredibly minuscule (that would be impossible to notice while you are actually playing anyway) then I get why they don’t bother trying to please people.

In all seriousness, you’d have to go into super zoom on an instant replay to even see what some of these complains are about. Meanwhile the game is actually genuinely broken in offline CFM...

Nope, painted on arm tape isn't a big deal to me in the scheme of things. I've ranted in countless other threads about this particular game's various bad gameplay mechanics and dumb A.I. that are just adding to the pile of legacy issues that have driven me away from this game...

The arm tape thing is just laughable. "Arm Tape -- Coming 10.1.18" !!!!! Half-assin' it in 2018

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 10-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #59
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This!!! With all the bugs & problems in this game people are clamoring for tape? SMH. I mean to each's own but somethings I just don't get.

I appreciate details & equipment just as much as the next man. But when we have severe gameplay bugs & players completely walking through each other's bodies when breaking the huddle on offense, seeing a piece of tape on a guys arm is not gonna make me say "Wow look at that realism!".

I get it that the art team is separate from the gameplay team but I would be more excited to hear about gameplay & bugs fixes coming in the next patch rather than arm tape...
Exactly, those saying adding stripes on the socks would really add to the game must be oblivious to how bad this game play is. So many things need to be fixed in the gameplay and we have people worried about arm tape,nose rings and mouthpieces? I just smh about how lame that sounds.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #60
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
I don’t think you guys are getting how this works. Not every update is going to be primarily focused on gameplay. EA has multiple departments/personal that work on different aspects of the game. The hype for equipment is because Kane (who I think works on equipment only) is releasing new content today in the patch and he’s hinted that it’s “very cool” whatever it is. This doesn’t mean that there won’t be gameplay updates as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Gameplay should take a much higher presidence over this stuff. Not to say the other things shouldn't be updated but gameplay should be #1 by far. Those that care less about gameplay and are more worried about this visual stuff, well I'm not sure what is their main reason for having the game is. It's kinda bizarre to me and sounds like an OCD thing.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 10-01-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #61
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Gameplay should take a much higher presidence over this stuff. Not to say the other things shouldn't be updated but gameplay should be #1 by far. Those that care less about gameplay and are more worried about this visual stuff, well I'm not sure what is their main reason for having the game is. It's kinda bizarre to me.
Exactly. Lots of gameplay issues that need fixed, not to mention legacy issues that many of which probably won't ever be addressed.

Yet, we are getting new player celebrations!!!

#Priorities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #62
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Equipment and gameplay are two different departments and have nothing to do with the other. Dustin does equipment and ratings and is very active in this community. He adds what he can to add to the experience. Gameplay is a whole other thing that should not take away from the visual authenticity of the game.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #63
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Equipment and gameplay are two different departments and have nothing to do with the other. Dustin does equipment and ratings and is very active in this community. He adds what he can to add to the experience. Gameplay is a whole other thing that should not take away from the visual authenticity of the game.
Again, the gameplay department should take presidence. I'll worry about if my players have the right tape on their arms, a stripe on their sock, the right length hair, the correct blue on their shoe, etc......AFTER I'm satisfied with how the game plays. It shouldn't be before then.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 10-01-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:50 PM   #64
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Equipment updates aren't a knock on Dustin or the equipment team.

It's a knock on the Madden team as a whole, who has not prioritized major gameplay fixes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »