Home

Sideline awareness

This is a discussion on Sideline awareness within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #1
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3
Sideline awareness

Just throwing this out there because EA has thrown out some good patches out there, but none of them mention a fix for user team AI controlled receivers refusing to attempt to stay in bounds on passes thrown close to the sideline... the CPU teams receivers will just not mine.. Am I the only one dealing with this ?
I have sent replies to a couple Deval on the patch note tweets about it for 2 patches now.

Last edited by leathrneck34; 10-01-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Missing sentence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Sideline awareness

I can get the animation to trigger along the sidelines using the possession catch, but receivers have zero boundary awareness at the back of the endzone. Can't tell you how many TD's I've lost because receivers act as though the field goes on forever past the uprights.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

What I don't understand is why they took the AIs ability to sideline catch while playing Sim playstyle ? Why do we have to take control for it to happen?
Old 10-02-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

They know about the issue. Been like that since Launch. Clint said they are working on it.

Clint replied to my Direct Message yesterday about it.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:04 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Could one of the workarounds be setting medium catches to conservative in coaching adjustments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

CPU AI is broken for this as of now. Hope they fix it. The only remedy that helps a bit in the interim is to jack up all receivers Awareness setting to 90 or above. It helps but the ultimate fix needs to come from EA.

C
Old 10-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Since the new patch ive seen 4 illegal touching penalties in 2 games (i dont think ive ever seen these called in madden before) where the CPU receiver runs out of bounds, gets suctioned back in bounds to during the catch animation, catches the ball then gets called for the penalty.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #8
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

That penalty for illegal touching has been in the game for awhile now. Where the receiver is pulled outta bounds and comes in to make the catch. Has happened to me for several years. Once or twice... And as far as Clint being aware, I've sent messages on Twitter and have been ignored about it. His one reply was in a another tweet and he said himself you have to USER the receiver yourself and hit possession catch... since when does a sim player user a receiver before the catch... that's some COMP bull crap. User team AI controlled receivers would make sideline catch attempts on their own if you threw toward the sideline. And in a lot of cases would do it 3 yards away from the sideline like an idiot. And the CPU team receivers still do. Just not the USER teams receivers. It's frustrating. Hopefully they will patch it next patch... but to take this long and not fix it after 3 patches is stupid. Easy fix. I thought I was going crazy and was the only one seeing this. I've not seen anyone complain about it till now. They fix things and break **** that was working before. Can they not fix stuff that's breaking and leave the crap that works intact ?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »