Home

Run blocking still bad (Pic)

This is a discussion on Run blocking still bad (Pic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0
Run blocking still bad (Pic)

This should have been a big run. Easy for a 90 ova Guard to pull into the B Gap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Badrunblock.JPG (88.0 KB, 185 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Re: Run blocking still bad (Pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Eg0
This should have been a big run. Easy for a 90 ova Guard to pull into the B Gap.

Okay, My take. It looks like you had a strong-side power run, and flipped the run to weak side from looking at the playart and the screenshot. This correct? In this run concept, power, the pulling guard always targets the force defender not the B gap.

It’s suppose to be end man on line as the basic concept goes, but the game doesn’t have that logic, instead it cheats and targets the force defender which makes it work correctly in most situations but not this time. If you study it closely you can even see the head of your guard focused on the safety who is force in the run fit; when that safety adjusted his angle so did your guard. It doesn’t help that the weak side had the least amount of leverage for this play to work and that’s exactly where you flipped it to as well.

To be fair, and I’ll preface this to say that I’m critical of the game in many respects including blocking, this run probably shouldn’t have been called against this front. In the future, if you see cover 4, audible to man or zone blocking plays for more success.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Run blocking still bad (Pic)

Since the latest patch, I've actually felt the running game is playing much better. I do not have any hard evidence, I just feel like my blockers are getting to the second level after making holes for me in the first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »