Home

Sabo's Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on Sabo's Custom Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #25
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sabo's Madden 19 CPU Gameplans

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Ya I’m not a fan of ideal. I think I’m gonna go the route of messing with that trait and turning down the under pressure rating, which I hope just effects accuracy and nothing else crazy...

If you want I can give you a step by step tutorial on how to make a custom book for xbox, idk how to make vids but I can type something up

I appreciate the offer of you writing something up, but dont do it just for my accord. Dont go that length unless you want to for the community. I'm going to stick with editing traits & settings. I guess I dont mind the playcalling if the QB does something with the ball when hes under pressure, instead of taking sack after sack on the PA plays. Matt Stafford seems to have a nice setup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I appreciate the offer of you writing something up, but dont do it just for my accord. Dont go that length unless you want to for the community. I'm going to stick with editing traits & settings. I guess I dont mind the playcalling if the QB does something with the ball when hes under pressure, instead of taking sack after sack on the PA plays. Matt Stafford seems to have a nice setup.
There's lots of ways to make an omelette in Madden, but most of them are harder than just "crack some eggs and put whatever you want in there." Traits work, as do playbooks.

I just wish so badly that this ill-conceived and poorly-executed game plan thing would get scrapped and that we'd get playbooks where ALL THE PLAYS are usable by the CPU in the appropriate situations. It doesn't seem like it should be too much to ask, but sadly it is.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Is there any way to do this without losing the defensive camera?
I don’t use defensive cam but I don’t see why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I used to think the same but it gets boring after a while just knowing what the cpu is calling... nothing beats the element of surprise when you create custom books IMO
Old 10-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Took the CPUPB1 and 34 Man books in on AP and AM as OAK vs. LAR. The books look good. It's so nice to see the CPU call a wider range of stuff.

The AP game saw great play calling balance. The AM game (in a half) was heavily slanted towards the pass, but with the same books, so I think it's just variable play.

I saw the CPU execute some nice verts plays on AM, FWIW, particularly the WR fake screen/wheel play.

After a brief dalliance w/ AP, I'm going to have to go on AM myself, but these work well on both levels and spice up the game big-time.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:25 PM   #29
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
I don’t use defensive cam but I don’t see why not

I used to think the same but it gets boring after a while just knowing what the cpu is calling... nothing beats the element of surprise when you create custom books IMO
There are playbooks loaded up on the xbox for each team it appears. I haven't looked for Defensive ones yet, but I may give them a shot. Not sure of the quality however, but have to be better than the default ones.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-15-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #30
Pro

Good news: I just finished all the books

Bad news: Madden Share keeps deleting all my sh*t for some reason

I'll update original post soon!
Old 10-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Took the CPUPB1 and 34 Man books in on AP and AM as OAK vs. LAR. The books look good. It's so nice to see the CPU call a wider range of stuff.

The AP game saw great play calling balance. The AM game (in a half) was heavily slanted towards the pass, but with the same books, so I think it's just variable play.

I saw the CPU execute some nice verts plays on AM, FWIW, particularly the WR fake screen/wheel play.

After a brief dalliance w/ AP, I'm going to have to go on AM myself, but these work well on both levels and spice up the game big-time.
Ya I upped the running rating on 1st and 10, 2/3/4 and short and redzone plays.. should balance out AM some
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
There's lots of ways to make an omelette in Madden, but most of them are harder than just "crack some eggs and put whatever you want in there." Traits work, as do playbooks.

I just wish so badly that this ill-conceived and poorly-executed game plan thing would get scrapped and that we'd get playbooks where ALL THE PLAYS are usable by the CPU in the appropriate situations. It doesn't seem like it should be too much to ask, but sadly it is.
This is a great point right here. While no team would obviously have an entire playbook at it's disposal on gameday, the CPU should have the ability to "scout the user" and vary their gameplan accordingly each week. While every team runs a core group of plays each week, they also install specific plays designed to attack their upcoming opponent.

I said it before, EA needs to go back to the Madden 12 gameplanning system and build from that platform. The only change made to playcalling in Madden 19 was to increase playcall windows for Community Suggestions. How about showing us Franchise Mode vs. CPU some love next year and re-working this core function of one of the most important aspects of football.

For the user putting in a gameplan, it is also frustrating in that we do not have enough playcall windows per-situation to install our plays. Only 9 are guaranteed to show up and they do so under the Frequent Playcall Window, rather than under Strategy Picks, which makes 0 sense. Please click the link below to my post as to how to do so if anyone is interested. I explain a workaround whereas 4 or 5 additional plays you select per-situation will at least rotate under the Strategy Picks Window. I hope it's helpful to folks who don't wish to flip through their formations in order to call plays.

Thank you again Sabo for all your hard work on CPU gameplans. I'll keep checking on XBOX to see if you upload anything and will give them a try.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-gameplan.html

Last edited by edgevoice; 10-16-2018 at 01:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »