Home

Progression Question - what happens when you hit 99?

This is a discussion on Progression Question - what happens when you hit 99? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Progression Question - what happens when you hit 99?

Just reached the end of a CFM season 1 where I the Rams. Aaron Donald has reached 99 in each of his archetypes and they are now locked. But he still has room to improve specific attributes - for example his block shedding is at 90. Will he be able to improve any attributes with the archetypes locked? First time I’ve encountered this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Progression Question - what happens when you hit 99?

Ran into this same problem with a player in season 4 or so. He’s kinda young still too but I can’t upgrade him anymore. I guess I’m just going to hoard skill points until he starts regressing lol. Maybe he’ll still be in the high 90s when he’s in his 30s. SS dev + scheme fit sure does progress them fast.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

The answer is yes and no...

You can move him to other positions where he won't be a 99OVR in all of their categories and upgrade him from there, then move him back.

That may seem cheesy to many people (the user league I play in doesn't allow such moves)

So if you choose not to move him out of position, then no, you cannot upgrade him anymore until he starts to regress.

... my 23 year old Marshon Lattimore has reached that point sadly now and has 3 upgrades just sitting there...
Old 11-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

So they just continually get progression points still. I've got two young safeties on their rookie contracts that are 99's in all three archetypes and they've got 8 or 9 progression points stocked up. They're both like 23 so i'm assuming that i can just keep building up those points and once they're in their 30s and start to decline i can make up for whatever decline they experience by using those points then.

Has anyone tried this?
Old 11-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
So they just continually get progression points still. I've got two young safeties on their rookie contracts that are 99's in all three archetypes and they've got 8 or 9 progression points stocked up. They're both like 23 so i'm assuming that i can just keep building up those points and once they're in their 30s and start to decline i can make up for whatever decline they experience by using those points then.

Has anyone tried this?
That is correct, they don't ever lose those points, so you can hold them at 99s for a very long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
That is correct, they don't ever lose those points, so you can hold them at 99s for a very long time.

That's really cool. I was wondering how i would use those points, but that is really cool and has me pumped for when they eventually start regressing because i know i can prolong their careers into their mid 30s at least.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:15 AM   #7
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

That sucks that you can't apply them to those other attributes.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
That sucks that you can't apply them to those other attributes.

It does and especially with safeties. Young, fast developing safeties that fit your scheme get to a 99 in all 3 categories super fast because all of the different schemes grow together most of the time leaving you with less opportunities to use your points than you would at a position like WR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »