Home

Is Madden 19 worth it?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 19 worth it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #25
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden 19 worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Right, and technology has never changed in 30 yrs? Like I said it's not comparing apples to apples. It's not even a sports title. It's not even in the same universe. Atleast compare it to another sports title. Sports titles have to accommodate multiple audiences at play here. I'm sure this will be another pile on thread shortly.
My post was mostly in jest.
But I don't care how much technology has changed, I expect the basics of football to be absolutely nailed down at this point. Like, that's my expectation for a triple AAA game that releases for 60 dollars. That's all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #26
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
My post was mostly in jest.
But I don't care how much technology has changed, I expect the basics of football to be absolutely nailed down at this point. Like, that's my expectation for a triple AAA game that releases for 60 dollars. That's all.
I definitely understand and get it and I'm with you. I just try and find prospective.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #27
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

With the November title update out, now is a great time to purchase M19.

For the average gamer like myself who hasn't enjoyed console football since NCAA 14, I'm having a blast in my 2nd season, CFM with the Arizona Cardinals.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
With the November title update out, now is a great time to purchase M19.

For the average gamer like myself who hasn't enjoyed console football since NCAA 14, I'm having a blast in my 2nd season, CFM with the Arizona Cardinals.

I really really wish I could enjoy it... But it's just a one team franchise and the other 31 teams are just there for show.. They don't build a team, they don't play to schemes, its just impossible anymore for me to play franchise.. I'm the biggest apologist this game has and I'm just running out of excuses for them...I will buy it next year and I will regret it but I cannot stop myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #29
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
I really really wish I could enjoy it... But it's just a one team franchise and the other 31 teams are just there for show.. They don't build a team, they don't play to schemes, its just impossible anymore for me to play franchise.. I'm the biggest apologist this game has and I'm just running out of excuses for them...I will buy it next year and I will regret it but I cannot stop myself...

I just enjoy it for what it is. The Browns are playing great this season, seems entirely reasonable to me.. and although the Patriots signed Brady for one last season (maybe) he's showing his age and they are struggling to win games. The Giants wanted my backup, Sam Bradford and he's at least doing decent for them.

I play Front Office Football to get my close to real life NFL fix, Madden is just a fun way for me to actually play the games. I understand what you're saying though.. I've had that feeling with Madden forever, but 19 has me under its grips.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I just enjoy it for what it is. The Browns are playing great this season, seems entirely reasonable to me.. and although the Patriots signed Brady for one last season (maybe) he's showing his age and they are struggling to win games. The Giants wanted my backup, Sam Bradford and he's at least doing decent for them.

I play Front Office Football to get my close to real life NFL fix, Madden is just a fun way for me to actually play the games. I understand what you're saying though.. I've had that feeling with Madden forever, but 19 has me under its grips.

I wish I could feel that way again.. I just wish I could go back to when I barely knew football , I didn't have these expectations back then.. I could just play and have fun... Now I have to dumb myself down to extreme levels because the CPU just will not utilize the things that we can.. Not just gameplay but team building, trades, position changes, depth chart... God I miss 07 on the ps2.. I wish they could remaster it for graphics and current content.. It would be perfect...

Old 12-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #31
Rookie

This game is broken both online and offline, especially offline. To be honest dude not bashing the game because I want it to be easy because if that’s the case I can put it on ALL PRO, PRO, or ROOKIE. But the DDA in this game is broken. It cheats in your face. Example warp tackles, pressing triangle or Y to get an obvious INT and it doesn’t do anything, and even if you hold the button and timed it right it still won’t even try to catch it. Players who have a speed rating of 91 can’t even catch up to the ball that lands 2 feet in front of them, and if they even try to catch the ball the animation will trigger a delay that makes no sense. They have been “fixing” OL not blocking an obvious block letting the defender tackle you or sack you. The 2 and 1 or 3 and inches programming is super heavy in this game. And you get intentional grounding but CPU won’t have called on them.

To be honest to anyone who is thinking of buying this broken mess, stay away unless you want to be disappointed and pissed off most of the time. So if you want it for CFM don’t it is broken. If you want it for MUT don’t because you will have to work your butt off for free good card that get nerfed against the same or weaker payed for cards, unless you got money to blow. But then again this game “is not pay to win”
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »