Home

Rebuilds, rebuilds, rebuilds

This is a discussion on Rebuilds, rebuilds, rebuilds within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #17
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rebuilds, rebuilds, rebuilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Of course I always run one with the Lions because that's my team. They are an interesting case, they have a Franchise QB who's not getting any younger but still have a lot of holes. You'd have to decide with them if you want to rebuild on the fly through mostly trades and free agency or trade Stafford and do a full rebuild. When the actual season is over I'm thinking about starting another one with the Lions at at the end of season one and trying a to go for it year 2, but if I don't make the playoffs trading Stafford at the deadline or in the 2nd offseason and just tearing it down and go full rebuild.

I've really been thinking about starting a Giants CFM soon because they would be a fun rebuild. Eli is on his way out so you get to draft or sign the QB that you want. They also have some fun young players in Saquon Barkley and OBJ, but need lots of o-line help and defense.

The Raiders would be a tough one, you have a lot of draft capital but they have a lot of holes.
I never thought about the Lions. That may just be my next rebuild.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 12-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #18
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
I never thought about the Lions. That may just be my next rebuild.

Yea they are an interesting case this year. They still have quite a few holes, especially on defense and a lot of their best players are heading are getting older. So with them you really have to decide, do you go for it and hit free agency hard and maybe trade a couple of picks. Or do you trade away Stafford in year 2 and tear it down starting a full rebuild.

On offense they need a reliable slot receiver since they traded tate and a play making tight end. Also their offensive line is decent but TJ Lang and Rick Wagner aren't any younger. On Defense they need help just about everywhere, especially in the secondary and at linebacker. On the defensive line your needs depend on whether or not you resign Ziggy Ansah, but Da'Shawn Hand at the other DE spot has played surprisingly well for a 4th round pick.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #19
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Yea they are an interesting case this year. They still have quite a few holes, especially on defense and a lot of their best players are heading are getting older. So with them you really have to decide, do you go for it and hit free agency hard and maybe trade a couple of picks. Or do you trade away Stafford in year 2 and tear it down starting a full rebuild.

On offense they need a reliable slot receiver since they traded tate and a play making tight end. Also their offensive line is decent but TJ Lang and Rick Wagner aren't any younger. On Defense they need help just about everywhere, especially in the secondary and at linebacker. On the defensive line your needs depend on whether or not you resign Ziggy Ansah, but Da'Shawn Hand at the other DE spot has played surprisingly well for a 4th round pick.
I am more of a tear down then rebuild kind of guy. I am starting a personal 4 team rebuild project and using 2 AFC and 2 NFC teams. The Lions are intriguing to me. I am rolling with the Giants and now Lions in the NFC. In the AFC I am using the Bills and still deciding on a second team. Its between the Broncos and Raiders. I am leaning toward the Raiders. I may play owner mode for a year and move them to Vegas then create a coach. I know everyone moves them but I have never played owner mode and relocated in a Madden game. I mostly sim, play a game or two a year, so I can get years in fairly efficiently.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 12-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #20
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Lions are fun, like I said, I'm doing them right now. They have lots of good players to trade for picks which is what I did.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 12-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #21
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
I am more of a tear down then rebuild kind of guy. I am starting a personal 4 team rebuild project and using 2 AFC and 2 NFC teams. The Lions are intriguing to me. I am rolling with the Giants and now Lions in the NFC. In the AFC I am using the Bills and still deciding on a second team. Its between the Broncos and Raiders. I am leaning toward the Raiders. I may play owner mode for a year and move them to Vegas then create a coach. I know everyone moves them but I have never played owner mode and relocated in a Madden game. I mostly sim, play a game or two a year, so I can get years in fairly efficiently.
That's a tough choice between the Raiders and Broncos. With the Broncos they have some fun young players with guys like Courtland Sutton, Phillip Lindsay, and Bradley Chubb. Plus Case Keenum is not the answer so you get to pick your own QB either through the draft or free agency.

The Raiders have a lot more holes but they also have a ton of draft capital to help fill them. You also have to make the choice on whether or not Derek Carr is the long term answer at QB. Hes young enough to build around but you could also trade him and get a good return to add more picks and pick your own QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 09:07 AM   #22
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
That's a tough choice between the Raiders and Broncos. With the Broncos they have some fun young players with guys like Courtland Sutton, Phillip Lindsay, and Bradley Chubb. Plus Case Keenum is not the answer so you get to pick your own QB either through the draft or free agency.

The Raiders have a lot more holes but they also have a ton of draft capital to help fill them. You also have to make the choice on whether or not Derek Carr is the long term answer at QB. Hes young enough to build around but you could also trade him and get a good return to add more picks and pick your own QB.
That was the internal debate I had yesterday at work. I ended up deciding to go with the Raiders so I can relocate them plus I like their draft capital. I am going to see how Carr does then the first year decide if he is the long term answer or not and if he is not, then trade him for a couple of future picks. Depending on the draft class generated, I may trade him before the draft but probably would be looking at training camp of year 2 to make a move.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2501
I am trying to find a nice, but difficult team to rebuild. It doesn't even have to be super hard... I love passing the football and I want a team I could build a down field, vertical offense with, with a QB with a ton of arm power. And I would prefer coaching, but I am ok with being an owner; I just want to coach to go for the Xbox achievements. I would like a rookie QB or draft one, but if I must I will make do with a team that has one
I would take a look at Buffalo then. They need help everywhere, and Josh Allen is a rookie with 99 THP and good mobility.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #24
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
That was the internal debate I had yesterday at work. I ended up deciding to go with the Raiders so I can relocate them plus I like their draft capital. I am going to see how Carr does then the first year decide if he is the long term answer or not and if he is not, then trade him for a couple of future picks. Depending on the draft class generated, I may trade him before the draft but probably would be looking at training camp of year 2 to make a move.

I'm currently in the process of trying to rebuild the Raiders in my 32 man online CFM. They are tough to rebuild, especially against 31 other user controlled teams. After year 1 I found my Khalil Mack replacement in the first round, I think I had the 5th pick. He was a power rushing 3-4 OLB that is built similar to Mack, seems like they modeled this prospect after Mack. I moved him down to RE because I run a 4-3, with three games left in year 2 he has 9.5 sacks even with missing I think it was 4 games to injury. This league was started after the Khalil Mack trade but before the Amaari Cooper trade so I only had 2 of the 3 1st round picks. The other pick from the Bears I snagged a CB that had great coverage skills but wasn't very athletic so I moved him to FS. I'm hanging on to Amaari Cooper, I actually extended his contract because while he wasn't working out for the real Raiders he has been very good for me. I hung on to Derrick Carr for all of year year 2 but there are some good QB prospects in this next generated class and depending on how the draft shakes out I may take one and move on from Carr.

Last edited by Shosum13; 12-10-2018 at 09:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »