Home

Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.16 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.16 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #57
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.16 Available - Patch Notes Here

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p?p=2049630330

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #58
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Gotta ask since it seems many of these sliders work backwords:
So to sub out a RB more often, we slide the slider up? I have it at 85 and it don't seem to help. I have fatique at 50.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #59
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Gotta ask since it seems many of these sliders work backwords:
So to sub out a RB more often, we slide the slider up? I have it at 85 and it don't seem to help. I have fatique at 50.
Correct, if you want your rb to sub in more I would set it in the high 90's for more of a rotation.

Playing:
Old 12-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Further update:

After another game in CFM, the stuff I liked about the patch initially is still looking great. I've also gotten better play out of MCV in the second game. The stuttering seems most egregious on passes to the back of the endzone. That still needs work, but MCV in general was more reliable, and the play-calling on both sides is the best I've seen it in a Madden game without custom playbooks.

The additional thing for me is that AP is now viable again for the first time in 2.5 years for me. I'm running a pure default + penalties adjustments beta from King and I'm 1-1. I lost 12-9 vs. LAR and won 24-17 vs. DEN, and that DEN game was very nearly a loss.

I'm shocked to say this, but the recent lack of intelligence shown by the CPU on AP that has rendered AP a non-starter for me appears to have been taken care of somehow.

The animations and stats I'm getting are fantastic, and I'm able to compete for the W as hard as I do on AM without guaranteeing a W. That hasn't been true on AP for as long as I can remember.

For those considering level switches or who have made their peace with AM for the sake of competitiveness, I'd suggest giving AP another look. King will probably post the beta in the blog in short order, so you might check there or you might do your own thing. But I found this to be great and pretty surprising news that others might benefit from.

I am very, very happy with where this game is at, and I'm also very impressed with A. White and whoever else was involved in pushing the play call update stuff forward. I wanna send that team a Christmas card, lol.

Last edited by RogueHominid; 12-08-2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Further update:

After another game in CFM, the stuff I liked about the patch initially is still looking great. I've also gotten better play out of MCV in the second game. The stuttering seems most egregious on passes to the back of the endzone. That still needs work, but MCV in general was more reliable, and the play-calling on both sides is the best I've seen it in a Madden game without custom playbooks.

The additional thing for me is that AP is now viable again for the first time in 2.5 years for me. I'm running a pure default + penalties adjustments beta from King and I'm 1-1. I lost 12-9 vs. LAR and won 24-17 vs. DEN, and that DEN game was very nearly a loss.

I'm shocked to say this, but the recent lack of intelligence shown by the CPU on AP that has rendered AP a non-starter for me appears to have been taken care of somehow.

The animations and stats I'm getting are fantastic, and I'm able to compete for the W as hard as I do on AM without guaranteeing a W. That hasn't been true on AP for as long as I can remember.

For those considering level switches or who have made their peace with AM for the sake of competitiveness, I'd suggest giving AP another look. King will probably post the beta in the blog in short order, so you might check there or you might do your own thing. But I found this to be great and pretty surprising news that others might benefit from.

I am very, very happy with where this game is at, and I'm also very impressed with A. White and whoever else was involved in pushing the play call update stuff forward. I wanna send that team a Christmas card, lol.

What sliders are you using when on AP again I’m interested in seeing how they play?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #62
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

The kicker icing is now automatic near the end of a half or game. Tried 3 FGs today and two were blocked, one of those blocks was after an icing with the horrible view and the accuracy being hidden.
I don't know if blocked kicks are more random now after the 1.17 update or if this was a coincidence.
Needlesss to say I lost the game.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #63
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Well done again on the patching EA. Madden 19 is already one of my favorite console football games I've ever played. Every game has been different and like something I'd watch on a Sunday, Monday or Thursday night. No two games feel alike. I've won big, lost big, won nail biters, lost nail biters, came back from 21 point deficits and have given up 21 point leads. With each patch, the game has improved and I applaud EA for their efforts.

Played a season and a half on my Xbox One/HDTV and last night I received an early Christmas present (ok I guess a family present, HA).. an Xbox One X and 55" LG SK9000 4K HDR TV.

I wanted to sit back and just watch the game, the colors popped and the game was beautiful. We played the Saints and their uniforms with the gold numbers just looked perfect. Now I'm wanting to play more to see more stadium/lighting differences. Can't wait to play at home in State Farm stadium.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Further update:

I agree with All Pro assessment TM. When Madden 19 first released, All Pro was a challenge, but it was mostly at the expense of suction tackles in the open field, impossible warp-thru DB pass deflections and also stunk to high heavens of the feel of predetermined outcomes. After a few patches, these glaring issues were well cleaned up but, it came at the expense of All Pro being a cakewalk, even with sliders. While the game had needed to be "loosened up" a bit, it was overdone for my liking.

Since this last patch and playcall update dropped, it feels more like the difficulty level originally experienced OOTB, without the problems. For instance, I played a game in the pouring rain, lost and only scored 3 points. I just beat the Saints at home, but threw 2 picks and I previously hadn't thrown one in 4 games straight. I had to fight for every yard and almost every play felt like a grind.

The CPU is calling very sticky man coverage more often and zone defenders are hanging on to their assignments just a bit longer. My own man coverage is again usable, but I must play outside leverage or my DB's still freeze, hitch or jog at times. Again, underneath or inside leverage increases the chances that this will occur.

The one negative I'm seeing is that the CPU seems to have the perfect defense called against whatever it is I'm going to run. I'm wondering since I install a gameplan and call plays in that manner, if I'm tipping my hand. Having said that, I'd rather it be this way, as opposed to seeing the CPU play very loose coverage with unrealistic situational play calling.

It's more enjoyable for me to play the game, not sure if I'll win or lose, rather than knowing that as long as I don't make egregious mistakes, that I'll win fairly easily. With my user-skill only defeated sliders, All Pro is playing very much like M12 did on All Madden, which was the experience I was looking for.

Last edited by edgevoice; 12-09-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »