Home

QBs in the Draft

This is a discussion on QBs in the Draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
QBs in the Draft

Has anyone else experienced top end QBs falling way too far in the draft with custom draft classes?

Just finished the 2019 season and Tua and Jake Fromm each went in the 3rd round. They were the first 2 QBs taken despite having 1st round grades.

Makes no sense to me and I'm hoping this can be tuned in an upcoming patch because right now you can get any QB you want in the 1st round which is highly unrealistic.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2018, 11:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: QBs in the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Has anyone else experienced top end QBs falling way too far in the draft with custom draft classes?

Just finished the 2019 season and Tua and Jake Fromm each went in the 3rd round. They were the first 2 QBs taken despite having 1st round grades.

Makes no sense to me and I'm hoping this can be tuned in an upcoming patch because right now you can get any QB you want in the 1st round which is highly unrealistic.

Actually, I see this as a good thing. In previous years, too many teams take QB early when they shouldn't.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:21 PM   #3
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Actually, I see this as a good thing. In previous years, too many teams take QB early when they shouldn't.
I think we've gone from one extreme to the other. We shouldn't have to choose between every QB off the board in the 1st or no QBs taken until the 3rd round.

In my opinion, this is an example where EA tried to use an improper makeshift fix to an underlying problem.

That underlying problem is that the WRONG TEAMS were taking QBs in the 1st round. (E.g. Jets/Bills taking a QB in 2019 1st round when they already have Darnold/Allen).

So, instead of actually tuning draft logic to create a code that if you draft a rookie QB in the 1st round you don't draft another one for at least 2 or 3 seasons, they created this mess where the wrong teams are still taking QBs or signing them in free agency. Now, they're just taking them later.

I'm not one to normally complain too much about Madden. I really enjoy franchise mode. But, given how pivotal decisions around roster management and draft logic are to the longevity of the mode in any given year, this is infuriating and an instant immersion killer.

Please spend some time tuning draft logic/roster building logic. It is killing franchise mode. I shouldn't have to take control of all 32 teams to make a realistic franchise mode.

The Rams should not be signing Le'Veon Bell when they have Todd Gurley. The Ravens should not be signing Philip Rivers when they have Lamar Jackson. The Ravens should not be extending Joe Flacco after a 3-13 season. The Texans should not be drafting Tua Tagovailoa when they have Deshaun Watson. The Chargers should not be letting Rivers hit free agency. I don't care if he's 38. He's a franchise QB if he still has the highest overall rating of any QB on your roster. Player roles need to be a thing.

I have seen all of these oddities in just a few seasons of franchise mode. I understand making video games is incredibly difficult, especially ones with near endless lines of legacy code, like Madden. But, how can these kind of issues remain unfixed after numerous patches, an entire staff member devoted to nothing but franchise tuning, and an iteration of the game which was supposed to be heavily focused on franchise.

I just want these little things nailed.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

First, too many good QB in each draft class. I edit it down to less early on.

Then, seeing QB not taken when teams don't need them is a good thing.

Better drafting AI would help everything.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:47 PM   #5
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

Roster management AI is so badly in need of improvement.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »