Home

Your Worst Loss

This is a discussion on Your Worst Loss within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2019, 07:42 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your Worst Loss

I had it happen again. The script is the same every game. I start to win by a lot and then the AI suddenly goes on an absolute tear. I can almost feel when it's about to happen. I was up 17-3 against the Saints late in the 1st half. I'm driving near the goal line and they completely blow up a play sack Eli for a fumble and get the ball back and drive down for a TD. Very next series they jump an out route, intercept the pass, fall down, get up, and still run into the endzone for the tie.

This game ultimately goes to overtime and I win 51-48. Once again with less than a minute they return a kick off for a TD. This one tied the game at 48.

Through 4 games I'm 4-0 but every game I have won by less than a TD and every game has been the same. I go up big in the first half then suddenly crazy stuff happens and the AI rips off a couple quick TDs to get back into the game.

I've tried All Madden and I get killed. I can score some points, but I cannot stop the AI at all. I decided it was best to mess with sliders in All Pro. But now I'm starting to not like All Pro either as stated above my games are feeling too scripted right now. I have been tweaking sliders and starting over since I first bought this game. But I can never get the proper balance. My offense is ALWAYS ranked number 1. Defense is usually always middle of the pack, but points given up always near the bottom as the AI causes a lot of fumbles, picks off a lot of passes, and blocks a lot of kicks.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #10
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
I had it happen again. The script is the same every game. I start to win by a lot and then the AI suddenly goes on an absolute tear. I can almost feel when it's about to happen. I was up 17-3 against the Saints late in the 1st half. I'm driving near the goal line and they completely blow up a play sack Eli for a fumble and get the ball back and drive down for a TD. Very next series they jump an out route, intercept the pass, fall down, get up, and still run into the endzone for the tie.

This game ultimately goes to overtime and I win 51-48. Once again with less than a minute they return a kick off for a TD. This one tied the game at 48.

Through 4 games I'm 4-0 but every game I have won by less than a TD and every game has been the same. I go up big in the first half then suddenly crazy stuff happens and the AI rips off a couple quick TDs to get back into the game.

I've tried All Madden and I get killed. I can score some points, but I cannot stop the AI at all. I decided it was best to mess with sliders in All Pro. But now I'm starting to not like All Pro either as stated above my games are feeling too scripted right now. I have been tweaking sliders and starting over since I first bought this game. But I can never get the proper balance. My offense is ALWAYS ranked number 1. Defense is usually always middle of the pack, but points given up always near the bottom as the AI causes a lot of fumbles, picks off a lot of passes, and blocks a lot of kicks.
I don't have that problem. Maybe you just play different when ahead and get careless because you are comfortable?
I don't know,..... I just know I don't have this problem but I am having very competitive games and I like that. Gets boring if I'm blowing everyone out
Old 01-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I don't have that problem. Maybe you just play different when ahead and get careless because you are comfortable?
I don't know,..... I just know I don't have this problem but I am having very competitive games and I like that. Gets boring if I'm blowing everyone out
No I don't get careless, the AI just will suddenly start picking the perfect defense for what I'm doing. Or my tackle will inexplicably decide to just take a play off. I don't want constant blow outs either, but every single game as a nail biter cheapens the moment and feels forced.

The blocked kick crap happens far too often. I have either a FG or punt blocked every 2 to 3 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #12
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
No I don't get careless, the AI just will suddenly start picking the perfect defense for what I'm doing. Or my tackle will inexplicably decide to just take a play off. I don't want constant blow outs either, but every single game as a nail biter cheapens the moment and feels forced.

The blocked kick crap happens far too often. I have either a FG or punt blocked every 2 to 3 games.
Yeah i had 2 FGs blocked in one game before.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #13
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2

There is a lot of strategy to Madden. Run committing is massive. I don't mess much with coaching adjustments, just rely on proper playcalling on both sides of the ball.

My worse loss of all time came many years ago. I was the Cowboys @ Redskins week 1 of the franchise. Could've knelt the football, instead threw a pick in the endzone and the Skins returned it over 100 yards as time expired for the win. Needless to say I started a new franchise immediately.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
When you're up late in a game change your coaching strategy for ball carrier to conservative so they don't fumble as easily as the CPU will change their defensive strategy to strip the ball.

I've learned that the hard way.
100% agreed. I often only run the ball with my best ball carrier.

Quote:
Lol in Madden 19 I've given up about 4 kickoffs for TDs.
Prior to M17, I almost never returned a KO. Then in M17, over a 30 year CFM, I probably returned three.

In M19, I've returned at least five.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Quote:
I've never been in a game where I thought the AI suddenly changed. Not once. I play on All-Madden and generally find that outside of my QB suddenly missing a WR by ten yards that the game plays as I'd expect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #16
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
100% agreed. I often only run the ball with my best ball carrier.

Prior to M17, I almost never returned a KO. Then in M17, over a 30 year CFM, I probably returned three.

In M19, I've returned at least five.
Havent returned any in this game and only returned maybe 2 in 2017. It dont happen very often but in 2019 ive had 4 returned against me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »