Home

Design Your Own Plays

This is a discussion on Design Your Own Plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

OVR: 0
Design Your Own Plays

This isn't a "why isn't this in Madden 17", or a "I can't believe this was omitted" thread, please leave Madden 17 out of it, I just wanna generate some discussion and see what the feasibility of this ever occurring is. Was it ever a thing in previous Maddens?

How could would it be to be able to design runs and blocking schemes. I understand that this would totally cheese online play as it would be very difficult to implement without it being taken advantage of I would imagine, but imagine the possibility of this being in CFM or Play Now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Design Your Own Plays

There was a play designer in previous Maddens. I don't remember the last one that had it, but it was fairly basic. You picked one of the existing formations and designed the play from there. The blocking selections were standard (pass block, run block middle/left/right), and you would select the routes for WRs on pass plays.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

It was a thing, I know back in 08 they had the feature. The game is available on PC and has amazing modders that keep the game current.

It was great but very basic. You could create a playbook from scratch including your own formations. I loved it and not sure why it was taken out. I loved making crazy formations like 4 wide 1 TE and the 4 WR all lineup in a straight vertical line or a full house type with RB1 and RB2 and my FB1 and pound the ball. Would have a speed and power back it was a blast.

Now a days with online being so crucial to games they would have to make it so that you can't play with your own online as the cheese was too strong. There was no blocking schemes but you could set pulling guards and such but nothing too complex.

Here is a video of create a play including custom formation -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCSgTGHl5yM

Last edited by drewst18; 08-16-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
This isn't a "why isn't this in Madden 17", or a "I can't believe this was omitted" thread, please leave Madden 17 out of it, I just wanna generate some discussion and see what the feasibility of this ever occurring is. Was it ever a thing in previous Maddens?

How could would it be to be able to design runs and blocking schemes. I understand that this would totally cheese online play as it would be very difficult to implement without it being taken advantage of I would imagine, but imagine the possibility of this being in CFM or Play Now.
Not sure that it was Madden, but I do remember a football game back in the day that would let you design your own plays. You could have a custom playbook and design from scratch both offensive and defensive plays. I used to run around with a note pad where I had drawn out my own playbook and then translated those plays into the play editor. It was a fun option to have.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I'd rather see blocking hot routes. Where if you pickup a blitz you have more time, or if you miss it's a very quick sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

I'm not sure if this was in previous Maddens, but as a sim head, I would love to be able to create my own concepts and plays. If such a thing were to be implemented, it would have to be CFM only, because I have a feeling people would find a way to abuse it online quickly.

Maybe it could be a part of the offseason, when coaches typically add new schemes to their playbook. It could be a stage where you could add new custom plays, maybe even custom formations.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 08-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard

Looks like it may have been Madden '05.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:45 AM   #8
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rek7
Looks like it may have been Madden '05.

That looks exactly how I imagined it.

I would absolutely love something like this in CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »