Home

Questions about Pass coverage and Pass def reaction time

This is a discussion on Questions about Pass coverage and Pass def reaction time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Questions about Pass coverage and Pass def reaction time

I play CPU vs CPU, mostly PTM.. Off line franchise. Playing on All Madden.. Pass Defense reaction time and Pass coverage always has me confused after all these years. I have tried every setting from 0 to 99 on both of these slider setting.

I would assume that 0 slider setting for both PD and PDRT would give me the best defense for the CPU and Player skill settings. I assume this because on ALL MADDEN the slider settings are all set on 25..

I also assume that Pass Blocking at 0 would be the best it could be.. But it doesn't appear to be that way.. I have tried so many different settings and they all seem to work great in one game and then totally opposite in the next.

So my question is to anyone who actually knows how these three sliders affect the game playing All Madden. What would give me the BEST and tightest defense for both teams, It honestly don't seem to matter if I have them at 0 or 99..

I am beginning to wonder if Playing ALL Madden reverses the sliders. For example. I set Fumbles to 0 trying to get more fumbles in the game.. Nothing.. I moved it to 99 and they fumble all over the place. According to the game, moving sliders to the left, meaning lowering them is supposed to cause more fumbles, But in my case, it is opposite.

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Questions about Pass coverage and Pass def reaction time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I play CPU vs CPU, mostly PTM.. Off line franchise. Playing on All Madden.. Pass Defense reaction time and Pass coverage always has me confused after all these years. I have tried every setting from 0 to 99 on both of these slider setting.

I would assume that 0 slider setting for both PD and PDRT would give me the best defense for the CPU and Player skill settings. I assume this because on ALL MADDEN the slider settings are all set on 25..

I also assume that Pass Blocking at 0 would be the best it could be.. But it doesn't appear to be that way.. I have tried so many different settings and they all seem to work great in one game and then totally opposite in the next.

So my question is to anyone who actually knows how these three sliders affect the game playing All Madden. What would give me the BEST and tightest defense for both teams, It honestly don't seem to matter if I have them at 0 or 99..

I am beginning to wonder if Playing ALL Madden reverses the sliders. For example. I set Fumbles to 0 trying to get more fumbles in the game.. Nothing.. I moved it to 99 and they fumble all over the place. According to the game, moving sliders to the left, meaning lowering them is supposed to cause more fumbles, But in my case, it is opposite.

People have debated the reverse slider thing for a while. I have not noticed that at all. The only slider I feel like might be confusing is fumbles. Moving it to the left, lower, causes more fumbles.

When I played in All Madden I felt I had to lower most of the AI's sliders and raise most of my own to stand a chance at all. I do not have any proof on the sliders, but If I did not change them at all I feel like I could lose by 60.

As far as pass overage and pass def reaction time. When I look at the frosty editor and look at sliders I do not see either of those in there. But what I do see is awareness, and another for interceptions. Maybe reaction time and pass coverage both raise awareness? I am not certain. If I had to guess one raises awareness the other doesn't actually do anything right now. I usually just set both to the same.

There is one called ai_off_runability. At first I thought this must be for run blocking, but then I saw ai_offline_runblock. So I then thought well maybe runability is just the speed of the AI on offense. So I lowered it by 2% across the board and I noticed way less long TD's against me. Could it have been coincidence? Perhaps. But I left it changed regardless.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:11 AM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

One thing that may help when considering player actions, is that ratings are not necessarily about what the player in question may do with their rating, but also how the player involved within the calculations being processed is reacting to the total calculation.

For example: zone pass coverage is not, from my experience, just how well the defender may react in zone coverage, but how poorly the receiver may perform in relation to the defender if the WR loses a roll check. Thus the defender may not do anything that appears on screen to look like a great play result, but the receiver will perform less than their potential on a particular play due to a failed dice roll.

The differences in results appear to be very small. Essentially, if my observations are correct, the difference between a great cover defender (90 zone) for example, and a poor defender (70 and below zone) is maybe 2 or 3 plays within a game, barring cheese plays.

Therefore, lowering or raising a slider and noticing a major difference may take a long period of observation than a few practice plays or games.

(these are just my theories from general game play and MUT)

The bonus of having a high player rating shines best when playing against other users with players who have high ratings.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 01-25-2019 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #4
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby

Nothing is reversed, but people always get confused. Any slider makes the team play better if you increase its value or play worse if you decrease its value. If you want more fumbles, set the fumble slider lower. A value of 0 is extreme and sliders work better in a less drastic range. Set it to 25 and play many games before deciding it is reversed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »