Home

Ball Hawk CB/Safety No Animation

This is a discussion on Ball Hawk CB/Safety No Animation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ball Hawk CB/Safety No Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
Happened a couple more times today. Same LB in what I would consider the best possible position to get a pick and no animation at all. One was a critical 3rd down and of course the receiver catches the ball and gets the first down.

What really pisses me off the most about this is if I throw any of these passes against the AI the exact opposite happens. My receiver will not try to make a play on the ball and they end up with an interception. You guys know what I am talking about. The contested ball that you know is going to be a pick right after you hit the button and 9/10 it is.

So I looked at my LB and he statistically is not great, but he has good speed and great block shedding. But I wonder if his catching being 50 and man to man being 60 has anything to do with me not getting any interception animations? His zone is 74 so it is not bad, but I play him more man over the middle, I move him around a lot. No idea if any of this matters, but I hope it does. Its better than if the game is just not working properly.
The low CTH rating is definitely a liability. I would go for more swats.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Ok so I followed up on this and started the season over and picked out a young rookie who was 6'2 had jumping of 92, catching of 69 which is good for a LB. First game I get in good position, hit Y he jumps, picks off the pass and I run it in for a TD. I would say this is very significant as with the other player I played nearly 20 games and never got the animation even once.

His zone and man were better too, but I don't know if those matter if you are usering the player. I think catching may be the culprit here and will continue with this guy and see if this answers the question. I still have the weird issue where a corner outside on some occasions just kind of stops and doesn't do anything, and that seems like a quirk so I am wondering on those if I just focus on using the stick to keep the guy in tight coverage rather than using ball hawk if that might be the right solution.

Last edited by Meddera; 02-06-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
So this new guy I got is faster, more agility, more acceleration, and higher pursuit than my last guy, but he's 6'3 vs 6 foot and feels downright slow and clunky. Lol. I can't play with him. You ever experience that with a taller MLB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
So this new guy I got is faster, more agility, more acceleration, and higher pursuit than my last guy, but he's 6'3 vs 6 foot and feels downright slow and clunky. Lol. I can't play with him. You ever experience that with a taller MLB?
Almost any time I start to user someone new there's an adjustment period because no two players are actually the same, and the difference is never more stark then when you are actually controlling them.

I personally prefer taller players because they allow you to play "looser" and you can peel off receivers more easily as they leave your zone because you don't have to play them as tightly to undercut passes.

A short guy needs to be glued to the receiver to have a shot at playing the ball, and as a result he'll have far less of a chance of getting back to help on another route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »