Home

Can Madden 20 please upgrade franchise mode / the off-season AI?

This is a discussion on Can Madden 20 please upgrade franchise mode / the off-season AI? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #9
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can Madden 20 please upgrade franchise mode / the off-season AI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan39
I wish that us sim guys/girls would start speaking with our wallets. I think if we all make our demands clear start a pettion we might can get at least some of what we want. This is the only Football game that has the NFL license and it is being wasted. If there aren’t any major improvements done on this game then I won’t be buying it. I hope more people will join me.
Not going to happen in any shape or form. People say this every yr and guess what about 98% are playing Madden now or went out and bought it, probably even first in line. It's best to voice our concerns to the devs on twitter directly. Might as well try & work together and improve the game. Madden is going to make their money regardless. Buy it used instead of new & if you want to speak with your wallet. I used to be in the not buying group like 6yrs ago and there still printing Madden like money. There was a 2k petition like 12 yrs ago and I don't even think it hit 1,000 signatures.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 03-15-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
"Get rid of this rpg crap and let them grow based on experience and performance."

That kind of sounds like the XP system they already have in place? Players play well get XP based on performance, do they not?
Instead of us just being able to upgrade our players we should be able to assign areas of improvement. Also have certain stats increase with great performances same way they decrease with terrible ones.

The progression system from the early-mid 2000 Maddens were waaaay better
Old 03-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #11
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Instead of us just being able to upgrade our players we should be able to assign areas of improvement. Also have certain stats increase with great performances same way they decrease with terrible ones.

The progression system from the early-mid 2000 Maddens were waaaay better
I like the progression system now but it does need refinement and could be even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #12
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I like the progression system now but it does need refinement and could be even better.
The way we assign points for the progression system us fine now. What we need is a change to how XP is earned. Right now it's pretty much purely stat driven which can throw off the balance of leagues because you end up with a rich getting richer while the poor get poorer scenario. In real life guys put up better stats because they worked on their game and progressed it, not the other way around where they get better because they put up stats. Of course you always have your outliers like system players which are simply a product of the system they play in.

Last edited by Shosum13; 03-17-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:09 AM   #13
Rookie

Each Franchise year should be based on a calendar. Therefore there are only so many appointments your scouts can go and do to evaluate players.

I *still* believe they should incorporate Hard Knocks into both the new "myplayer" mode and Franchise. So each year you have the option to have Hard knocks or it can go to another team of your choosing (or CPU choosing) then you can watch other teams to evaluate the guys they cut.

The media should also have a huge influence.

Players should also get in trouble from time to time. IE turning up late for practice. We can see this in games like Football Manager (where some players cause disruption) and NBA 2K. I like the idea where a separate scouting mechanic on a player is based on how media friendly they are and how much personal integrity they have.

Take for example your star WR doesn't turn up to practice. You decide to bench him. Causes him to re evaluate if he wants to play but promotes unity with the team. If you play him this causes other players to be upset. As much as "schemes" are important, there should be coaches who players *know* won't put up with antics which impacts where they sign in FA or in some cases publicly stating "team X should/shouldn't draft me."

Also franchise tagging should cause some players to holdout.

Lastly, bit of an obvious one but combine should be accessible.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #14
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

One small thing that I think would help my immersion in Franchise mode is if we could set the season schedule ourselves, either for just our User Team or for the entire league if we want. It's such an immersion breaker for me almost every year when I see the schedule. Three road games followed by one home game followed by two road games. Playing all three division rivals back to back to back. Being a high profile team like the Cowboys or Patriots or Steelers and seeing one Prime Time game a season even after I made the Playoffs. Stuff like that just kills Franchise mode from an immersion factor and it should be such an easy fix. Have parameters (need to have eight home, eight away, one bye week, need to play the set teams you should face, etc) so it doesn't get broken and just let us make the schedule ourselves since the system they have in place to create them is complete garbage.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #15
Rookie

DallasFan39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Not going to happen in any shape or form. People say this every yr and guess what about 98% are playing Madden now or went out and bought it, probably even first in line. It's best to voice our concerns to the devs on twitter directly. Might as well try & work together and improve the game. Madden is going to make their money regardless. Buy it used instead of new & if you want to speak with your wallet. I used to be in the not buying group like 6yrs ago and there still printing Madden like money. There was a 2k petition like 12 yrs ago and I don't even think it hit 1,000 signatures.
Voicing concerns to the devs on twitter directly doesn’t seem to be effective enough. The Mut and competitive crowd is their meat I get that. But our voices does matter because we make them money also. I feel like the sim community is large enough that if we refuse to buy their products and stick with it that changes can be made. Maybe not a complete overhaul but enough of a change that we can get a better franchise experience.

The devs are not motivated to give us what we are asking for because no matter we are just going to buy the game anyway. The Mut/competitive crowd get what they want because if they are unhappy they are more likely to not spend the money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #16
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Really wish we could get Compensatory picks in Madden. Such a huge component to the NFL today. It is based off contracts in real life and we know how much work they need in Madden, but even using a random number generator to generate "Bonus Picks" for each team. Not every team gets them but even a way for us to assign the bonus picks manually to match real life comp picks would even work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »