Home

EA is Definitely More Serious About Franchise in Madden (Analysis)

This is a discussion on EA is Definitely More Serious About Franchise in Madden (Analysis) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA is Definitely More Serious About Franchise in Madden (Analysis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yes i totally agree and to say they are even committed to Franchise is nothing short of a joke. Why do i say this? Simple. Take one quick look at the huge difference between what little EA is adding when they are "recommitted to franchise" compared to what 2K added to its franchise mode last year.

2k19 Franchise Blog

Both have the same amount of dev time, so thats no reasonable excuse. Both have a ton of money to spend , so thats no excuse. So until EA turns this amount of stuff out for franchise mode, dont try to sell me on some BS that they really care about franchise mode, because their actions prove they dont really.They clearly CAN do this amount because they clearly have the amount of money to be able to , they just refuse to. Tired of all the excuses people make for them and their slackness. Even more tired of people trying to praise them just because they did alittle something. That only tells them , why bother doing more when people love us for doing alittle.....
Agree with this, Deuce posted in another thread yesterday that CFM has just taken baby steps and slanted more toward the casual crowd. EA rarely will overhaul anything, so, people should know by now how the game is produced.

I will say I'm interested in finding more about the Scenero Engine, Superstar/X Factors and the ratings and how some of those interact with morale/FA, Franchise Tag, etc.... A big IF here, but IF these are implemented properly, along with the highly requested return of the Pro Bowl, CFM will have some good additions.

All depends on how everything is implemented, could be good, could turn out not good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yes i totally agree and to say they are even committed to Franchise is nothing short of a joke. Why do i say this? Simple. Take one quick look at the huge difference between what little EA is adding when they are "recommitted to franchise" compared to what 2K added to its franchise mode last year.

2k19 Franchise Blog

Both have the same amount of dev time, so thats no reasonable excuse. Both have a ton of money to spend , so thats no excuse. So until EA turns this amount of stuff out for franchise mode, dont try to sell me on some BS that they really care about franchise mode, because their actions prove they dont really.They clearly CAN do this amount because they clearly have the amount of money to be able to , they just refuse to. Tired of all the excuses people make for them and their slackness. Even more tired of people trying to praise them just because they did alittle something. That only tells them , why bother doing more when people love us for doing alittle.....
2K19 is one of if not the best franchise mode experience I’ve had by far. It absolutely dwarfs Madden 20.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #43
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
2K19 is one of if not the best franchise mode experience I’ve had by far. It absolutely dwarfs Madden 20.
Agreed. 2k could sit on their thumbs for the next 5 years, add nothing to the game, and NBA 2k24 would still have a deeper franchise experience than Madden 24. I don't even care for the NBA and I play it just for the experience.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #44
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree with this, Deuce posted in another thread yesterday that CFM has just taken baby steps and slanted more toward the casual crowd. EA rarely will overhaul anything, so, people should know by now how the game is produced.

I will say I'm interested in finding more about the Scenero Engine, Superstar/X Factors and the ratings and how some of those interact with morale/FA, Franchise Tag, etc.... A big IF here, but IF these are implemented properly, along with the highly requested return of the Pro Bowl, CFM will have some good additions.

All depends on how everything is implemented, could be good, could turn out not good.
Yeah i get all that , but people basically running around praise EA like they really doing something , only helps them feel like , "see we have no reason to try to do more" ( not saying your doing this, but i see numerous people on social media and here doing so) .

I fully expected nothing less or nothing more from them this year after doing practically nothing last year. It how they try to spin it like they really care that ticks me off. Actions > words . Thier actions show they dont really care.Maybe some devs do sure, but the company does not ( and yes save me the "it isnt the money maker" whomever was about to type that ignorant statement, we are all well aware how business works, does not mean we like it or agree with it).

2K disproves the whole "they have limited dev time" excuse. What little EA produces ( including this year) is a shame. And giving them praise for doing otherwise only enables them more to feel like thats enough.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
Agreed. 2k could sit on their thumbs for the next 5 years, add nothing to the game, and NBA 2k24 would still have a deeper franchise experience than Madden 24. I don't even care for the NBA and I play it just for the experience.
Thats is what I want for Madden. To have a deep offline Franchise Mode that is up to par to other Sports games.
The thing is with NBA2k is that in the last 3-4 years they haven't really haven't added anything new to MyLeague. This year was MyLeague Online and Mentorship, Last year focus was on MyGM. But you haven't hard any complaints from hardcore crowd because MyLeague has vast depth. Where 2k put a heavy focus to add as much of core depth into thay mode. Its not perfect, but it pretty much hits the important aspects of a basketball season.
That is what Madden should strive for. They need to spend the next couple years putting a major focus into Franchise. Not just a new feature here and there. So that by Madden 22, Madden should be heading into new generation of consoles with a very deep Franchise mode. Then after that they could just focus on adding depth to the mode each year. So we wouldn't complain that they are trying to implement back of box features because Franchise has the depth it deserves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

For me I don’t even truly need all that 2K has done. It would be great but honestly I just want Madden to focus on the main pillars of the NFL.
Coaching Changes
Scouting (season, off season should have different features)
Free Agency
Draft Experience
Training Camp
Game Day Prep in Season
Post Season
Super Bowl Experience

In 2K19 you get to play a game in the offseason prior to the draft to get a feel for some of the draft prospects. This could be the Senior Bowl in Madden. Or let us play with 5-10 prospects running drills at the Combine. Or both!

Free Agency should feel like it matters. In 2K you literally can bring LeBron James into your office and ask him questions about how he feels on the market of the city, the team, etc. Then you can make him an offer and even pitch him.

Draft day has higher ratings than some big NBA games and other events. It’s a huge part of the NFL. 47.5 million TV viewers over the three day draft in 2019 according to Neilson. We should see the first three picks walk out on stage. I don’t care if it has the nameplate, but to get some presentation and extra analysis on those picks will also give players the incentive to hold one of those picks at some point during the draft. The graphics should be just as good at the draft as they are during the games you play. The draft stage and fans they have in attendance for Madden 19 looks offensive compared to what you see during pregame and on the field.

The Super Bowl should be the biggest event in your Franchise Mode. There should be a lot of different presentation elements that are different from any game you’ll play in the season or the other playoff rounds. If you only make this stuff accessible during the SB it gives players more incentives to get there. Maybe a full pregame show and post game show, coach/player interviews, etc etc
Old 05-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Thats is what I want for Madden. To have a deep offline Franchise Mode that is up to par to other Sports games.
The thing is with NBA2k is that in the last 3-4 years they haven't really haven't added anything new to MyLeague. This year was MyLeague Online and Mentorship, Last year focus was on MyGM. But you haven't hard any complaints from hardcore crowd because MyLeague has vast depth. Where 2k put a heavy focus to add as much of core depth into thay mode. Its not perfect, but it pretty much hits the important aspects of a basketball season.
That is what Madden should strive for. They need to spend the next couple years putting a major focus into Franchise. Not just a new feature here and there. So that by Madden 22, Madden should be heading into new generation of consoles with a very deep Franchise mode. Then after that they could just focus on adding depth to the mode each year. So we wouldn't complain that they are trying to implement back of box features because Franchise has the depth it deserves
I discussed this last year and some people agreed with me. I really feel marketing and the suits all feel if they dumped everything into either CFM or game play, what would be the reason for consumers to purchase again the following year?

I think that is why we see incremental improvements every year.

Honestly, if game play was perfect in Madden, if I can download updated rosters, I'm not sure if I would make a purchase the following year.

Two different companies going in different directions on how they produce a video game.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #48
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Keeping a history of the past seasons like Madden 2008 PC would be nice, for a start on the PC and not just pushing out another console remake.

Last edited by cdcool; 05-07-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »