Home

No Gameface for a Mode Titled “Face of the Franchise”?

This is a discussion on No Gameface for a Mode Titled “Face of the Franchise”? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0
No Gameface for a Mode Titled “Face of the Franchise”?

This would’ve been the time to put it “in the game”.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 11:19 PM   #2
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: No Gameface for a Mode Titled “Face of the Franchise”?

Have they confirmed not face scan?

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 05-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah , its things like this that says to me , they are really only going to do a bare minium with things dealing with franchise.

If you really wanted to give people the feeling of themselves being a college kid trying to make his way into the NFL, what better way than to use the tech (you already have in NBA Live) and put it in the madden companion app and let you scan your face into the game? Its lazy imo.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

It is disappointing. Live 19 Face Scan was a disappointment. But 18 was on point. I don't see the difficulty just using that system. Unless you are good at face editing/sculpting, the average person will not be able to create a player with similar likeness to them. They had something similar on the EA website mid last gen, but scrapped it.
I hope by next gen they are able to add a game face to Madden and have mouth pieces back
Old 05-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It is disappointing. Live 19 Face Scan was a disappointment. But 18 was on point. I don't see the difficulty just using that system. Unless you are good at face editing/sculpting, the average person will not be able to create a player with similar likeness to them. They had something similar on the EA website mid last gen, but scrapped it.
I hope by next gen they are able to add a game face to Madden and have mouth pieces back
Yeah , speaking on from 19 - 18 differences. It blew my mind that it got worse . Live 18 the facescan app worked awesome and did a really really good job, then this last year, it was just bad. I dont get how you make it worse... but it is EA so....

Even when they had gameface in years ago, i felt it was really short sighted only you could see your coaches scanned face . In an online league , the opponent would still just see some generic coaches face even though your coach had a scanned face. Was rather lame.

Again , like most things with EA, its not that its too hard to do or they cant add this for madden, they just wont.....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Am I remembering correctly that EA had a plan for shared work between the Madden and NBA Live dev teams? That Rex Dickson said a while ago that the Madden was somewhat suffering due to them diverting resources to get Live up to snuff? If so, it is crazy to me that things like the Face Scan, or even the ESPN presentation, don't make it into Madden.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #7
Pro

But surely we are not going to let *this* be our biggest issue with the game, right?
Old 05-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Am I remembering correctly that EA had a plan for shared work between the Madden and NBA Live dev teams? That Rex Dickson said a while ago that the Madden was somewhat suffering due to them diverting resources to get Live up to snuff? If so, it is crazy to me that things like the Face Scan, or even the ESPN presentation, don't make it into Madden.
Thats why I think they hired a few new Franchise guys in. I know John White went to help NBA Live with their Franchise.
I don't understand why Game Face hasn't made it in. With Frostbite, I'd imagine it would look great with Live 18 system. I can understand why they don't use the ESPN presentation. Only Monday Night Football uses ESPN. So I guess they rather use the Madden Presentation.
I doubt it this year, but I really hope they improve presentation in the future. For the longest, Presentation isn't up to snuff. Commentary is up and down. No true Pre/Halftime/Post time show. More Stat Overlays could be used, Game Breaks like in NCAA.
Thats why I liked NCAA 14. Their ESPN presentation is great compared to Madden. Hopefully eventually gets to that level

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »