Home

HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION??

This is a discussion on HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I'm not huge into basketball games but I got NBA live this year on crazy discount and their ESPN package is incredible. The ESPN presentation that they used to have in 2k was one of the best parts of that game. It's really a shame that they haven't leaned into that because that would go a long ways for immersion.
Live's commentary leaves A LOT to be desire. But, yes I do like the ESPN presentation. Its a shame that the moneymaker has the worst presentation
Old 05-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #10
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Live's commentary leaves A LOT to be desire. But, yes I do like the ESPN presentation. Its a shame that the moneymaker has the worst presentation

Yeah i think the commentary side of things is done well in Madden. They've got a great team and the more hours of audio they add in with them the better. Switching up teams every couple years results in the same cycle again and again where teams never have enough time to increase the sound bank to the point where it's not repetitive.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #11
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Crowd reaction and emotion has been lacking for far too long. Needs addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2019, 04:58 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Icon6 Re: HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION??

I forgot that NCAA Basketball 10 had CBS and ESPN presentation. I don't feel like it needs a major TV Broadcast Presentation. Madden just needs more atmosphere and emotion. Thats one thing I enjoyed about NCAA. Outside of the ESPN broadcast, NCAA did a good job of capturing that college atmosphere. It didn't just feel like you were playing an exhibition game like it does with Madden. Madden feels like its presentation and atmosphere are geared towards competitive H2H games. Unless you play with headphones on, you notice how bland it can be. I don't have a problem with commentary, I just want a lot more lines that have to deal with what is going on during a game and season. Outside of celebrations, there isn't much emotion from the players.
One thing I liked from NCAA was the game breaks. I want to hear what is going on in other games not just see the scores on the ticker. Playoff scenarios during the game towards the end of season. Hopefully hear commentary geared towards the scenario engine
Old 05-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #13
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

I think last year the presentation blog and livestream was announced maybe two or three days before and not part of the rest of the info release. Probably will be the same this year.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #14
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
I've been quietly sitting back and reading/observing most of the new features and discussions so far. I know EA still has some more things to reveal on their Gridiron notes and blogs, however I noticed one of the few missing items this year is presentation. I know this has been pretty much one of my agenda discussions and I try not to only talk about one thing but I couldnt help but notice its not even mentioned in their notes.

I gotta admit i'm not very enthused on what i'm seeing so far for madden 20 although i'm not totally discouraged either. I like that they are redoing the contracts and adding a scenario engine,etc. but i'm not sold on it until we see these features in action. Is this gonna be like last year when they announced a new "draft presentation" and then we find out all it ended up being was a backdrop of a stage during the draft?

Also what kind of presentation will go with the scenario engine? Will the news feed be re-done and more user friendly so we know what is going on, or are we gonna have to go digging through menus to find out stories around the league again? Are we getting any updated presentation to go along with this new feature? Would seem silly to have it and still have thee same current boring news feed they have in place right now. Does anyone know if we will see any details on this or will we have to wait until 2 weeks before release to see videos again? I cant help but to feel like were being fooled again....
Agree, seems it's going to take them time to get there which may be their plan to introduce new things over time going forward.
Duece had all of that stuff in his thread. Everything was new, better and different so if he can do it in a short time frame, I'm sure EA and all their employees can do it to and should be able to. It in weeks, not months.
But I'm thinking they don't want to. Got to have some new things for the next three or so years in the works.
Call me a skeptic on Madden 20.
I mean cmon, the draft presentation in 19 is boring and that was something that was supposed to be an upgrade? I guess it was considering but you can't even go back to see the previous picks by teams as it's going on. I anyways haven't been able to find where to do it.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 05-16-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #15
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Very low on EA's priority list I'm guessing. Probably won't see any new presentation until they change broadcasters would be my guess. Comp/tourney crowd have no need for presentation, so it's basically a waste of a resources ever yr to make changes. Not ideal obviously, but that's the way it is. Your already seeing it - Cut down on pre play & post play cut scenes. I enjoy seeing all that, but it's going the arcade route we're its one play right after another.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-16-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2019, 05:46 AM   #16
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Very low on EA's priority list I'm guessing. Probably won't see any new presentation until they change broadcasters would be my guess. Comp/tourney crowd have no need for presentation, so it's basically a waste of a resources ever yr to make changes. Not ideal obviously, but that's the way it is. Your already seeing it - Cut down on pre play & post play cut scenes. I enjoy seeing all that, but it's going the arcade route we're its one play right after another.
Agreed I don’t think they are going to waste time on something that most of their target fan base is just going to skip through. I just hope the newsfeed is upgraded a little bit to make it easier to find stories that the new engine will provide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »