Home

New patch 1.23

This is a discussion on New patch 1.23 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New patch 1.23

I've noticed a dramatic jump in injuries in the few games I've played since the patch.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #10
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Too many patches!

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
This game needed it. I don't know why you would complain about that. I think it's good it keeps getting patches. Not everyone is going to buy Madden 2020 because this one was so bad for a while.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
This game needed it. I don't know why you would complain about that. I think it's good it keeps getting patches. Not everyone is going to buy Madden 2020 because this one was so bad for a while.
Patches have been real good this year. Not once have i had to start back from scratch with sliders after a patch drop. In the past, patches killed me. When i’d See there was a patch, it was like a death sentence. I wouldn’t even touch the game for a week or so.

But they’ve made some changes in their team between 18 and 19, and I don’t think this new team gets enough credit. Much better direction this year. Actually have some hair left with madden. The past maddens on current consoles, not so much.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Yeah I agree on this. My only problem is that after the patch that fixed the forward momentum issue, cover 3 plays have gone all weird. My linebackers that are supposed to cover the middle of the field run to the outside to cover the wide outs, leaving absolutely nobody to cover the middle of the field. I can manually control one but the other still does it. It's bizarre.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitehallway
I've noticed a dramatic jump in injuries in the few games I've played since the patch.
Definitely this. My first game playing since the patch I got 10 injuries (all my team) in just the first half.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:08 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Patches have been real good this year. Not once have i had to start back from scratch with sliders after a patch drop. In the past, patches killed me. When i’d See there was a patch, it was like a death sentence. I wouldn’t even touch the game for a week or so.

But they’ve made some changes in their team between 18 and 19, and I don’t think this new team gets enough credit. Much better direction this year. Actually have some hair left with madden. The past maddens on current consoles, not so much.
In my experience, game was playing really well after patch 1.21. Since 1.22, CPU can't run the ball effectively against me. RB making poor decisions and often times, tackles are slanting to quickly to the second level, without engaging d-line at all. Like you, I did not have to tinker with sliders until now.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
In my experience, game was playing really well after patch 1.21. Since 1.22, CPU can't run the ball effectively against me. RB making poor decisions and often times, tackles are slanting to quickly to the second level, without engaging d-line at all. Like you, I did not have to tinker with sliders until now.
Completely agree with this 100% although not a fan of falling forward issue. But in regards to the run game, completely changed after 1.22, and for the worse. Was so nice to see the CPU finally have a good run game I had to account for. Oh well...the constant tinkering never ends...change one thing and effect another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Completely agree with this 100% although not a fan of falling forward issue. But in regards to the run game, completely changed after 1.22, and for the worse. Was so nice to see the CPU finally have a good run game I had to account for. Oh well...the constant tinkering never ends...change one thing and effect another.
The patch that cleaned up the fall forward issue did a nice job of still allowing for some forward momentum when it made sense. Game was playing really nice for me after that. Not sure what they did afterwards, but it negatively impacted CPU running game against me. CPU running game was tough previously and made for some great games. Disappointed with the change and I doubt this late in the cycle they will fix. Sorta feels like a poison pill. Wish we had the opportunity to uninstall a patch if we felt it wasn't to our liking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »