Home

Jim Schwartz Defense & M19 Schemes

This is a discussion on Jim Schwartz Defense & M19 Schemes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Jim Schwartz Defense & M19 Schemes

Hey all.

I'm writing to see if defensive geeks and/or Eagles fans can give me a quick breakdown of positional archetypes in the Schwartz defense and hazard a guess at which Madden 19 pre-set defensive scheme type best captures the talents required at core positions for player development (XP) purposes.

From what I can gather, he goes single high a lot, mixes man and zone coverage, and prefers to pressure with the front 4. Does that sound right?

With the pre-set defensive schemes, it seems like Tampa 2 may capture the most important principle, which is pressure with the front 4, but I'm wondering if those who know the Eagles well would argue that Base 43 is a better fit.

Also, when considering the positions, what Madden player archetypes are best for this system? I'd love to see a breakdown of archetypes for DT, LE, RE, MLB, OLB, CB, S.

Much obliged!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jim Schwartz Defense & M19 Schemes

Sorry im not more help but 1 thing i have always picked up on Eagles defenses are the wide D Line splits. Spread em out and the fast DEs run around the edge. It practically sends an invitation the run the 4 and 5 hole. It does create pressure with four D linemen.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jim Schwartz Defense & M19 Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Hey all.

I'm writing to see if defensive geeks and/or Eagles fans can give me a quick breakdown of positional archetypes in the Schwartz defense and hazard a guess at which Madden 19 pre-set defensive scheme type best captures the talents required at core positions for player development (XP) purposes.

From what I can gather, he goes single high a lot, mixes man and zone coverage, and prefers to pressure with the front 4. Does that sound right?

With the pre-set defensive schemes, it seems like Tampa 2 may capture the most important principle, which is pressure with the front 4, but I'm wondering if those who know the Eagles well would argue that Base 43 is a better fit.

Also, when considering the positions, what Madden player archetypes are best for this system? I'd love to see a breakdown of archetypes for DT, LE, RE, MLB, OLB, CB, S.

Much obliged!
Hey man. Not gonna be able to hit everything because I'm limited on time, but "he goes single high a lot, mixes man and zone coverage, and prefers to pressure with the front 4" is very accurate.

Corners typically play off coverage and usually they're in nickel/dime with 3 safeties on the field on obvious passing downs and usually just rushing the front 4.

At DT there's usually a run stuffer next to Cox and he is obviously able to do a bit of everything. DE's are usually bigger guys that can stuff up running lanes rather than pure pass rushers (i.e. Curry & Graham), but you've also got guys like Barnett and Long that have been mixed in on 3rd downs and are only there to rush. You'll see either a bigger end or a pass rushing DT come on the field as the 2nd DT on passing downs (in the past has been Curry, Graham, Bennett). Corners are fast guys that typically suck in coverage unless they're very physical. If there was a "Get's beat deep" trait or an "Allergic to the LOS" trait in Madden those would apply to everyone on their CB unit lol. At safety, you've got McLeod who usually plays deep when he isn't getting hurt and Jenkins who makes plays in the run and covers tight ends or the slot WR in passing situations.

Not sure how much that helps but what you're doing sounds sick man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »