Home

Old 07-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
On a related note I don't think Receiver Spotlight works at all. I've used it time and time again on certain receivers who are killing me and it just doesn't seem to do a darned thing.
It does work and I use it with effectiveness, but it's definitely not a cure-all. If your defenders are bad in coverage, Receiver Spotlight doesn't make them magically play better.

Pay attention to the defenders you're deploying onto the field as you're using Receiver Spotlight. In particular, I think the Man Coverage rating is important to how defenders react to receivers making route cuts, regardless whether the defenders are in man or zone coverage assignments. Most linebackers and many safeties have poor man coverage ratings, so even if they know to watch a given receiver, they may not be able to keep up with him regardless.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

I just want to say that I love playing defense against a passing offense. The Madden 20 beta was kinda tough without the walk up to the huddle, but I was still able to get a lot of user picks. There is no better feeling than baiting a QB into throwing a easy pick.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:06 PM   #11
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
User picks?
One was the other was the CPU, one game I was effectively able to fully take away their #1 WR holding to only to short catches.

Edit: I should also note even the user pick though was just me switching to the safety last minute, the WR was already tightly covered before I took control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Shosum13; 07-02-2019 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »