Home

Madden 20 Pre-Load Available on Xbox One

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Pre-Load Available on Xbox One within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2019, 11:19 AM   #25
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Pre-Load Available on Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There is no preload available for EA Access.

However, if you preorder the game then preload the full game then effectively you will have preloaded for EA access on 7/24.

Unfortunately if you do preorder the game now you won't get your 10% EA Access discount.

To get the discount you'll have to wait until 7/24 which means you'll not be able to preload and have to download on 7/24.

So pick your poison fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can grab EA Access early and get the pre-order discount. They do monthly subscriptions so you have 30 days to cancel and still get refunded. I did that so that I have it pre-loaded and I got the patch downloaded yesterday as well. I'll use my hours before release on the 2nd and still have a few days to spare with getting my refund.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
You can grab EA Access early and get the pre-order discount. They do monthly subscriptions so you have 30 days to cancel and still get refunded. I did that so that I have it pre-loaded and I got the patch downloaded yesterday as well. I'll use my hours before release on the 2nd and still have a few days to spare with getting my refund.

Yep, I was about to say the same. I re-subbed to EA Access on July 3rd (and will cancel after my 10 hour trial is up), and I preordered Madden through the Xbox store on the 14th. My EA Access 10% discount was automatically applied (in fact, every EA game in the store has the price crossed out and replaced with the updated 10% off price). Madden also preloaded immediately.

The only thing I'm curious about is when the trial goes live...does it automatically know I'm playing the trial when the preload is the retail game? In other words, right now I can click on the M20 tile and it says that the game unlocks at 9pm August 1st. This is the first year where I preordered before playing the trial, so I'm just curious how it knows to unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 07-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #27
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Yep, I was about to say the same. I re-subbed to EA Access on July 3rd (and will cancel after my 10 hour trial is up), and I preordered Madden through the Xbox store on the 14th. My EA Access 10% discount was automatically applied (in fact, every EA game in the store has the price crossed out and replaced with the updated 10% off price). Madden also preloaded immediately.

The only thing I'm curious about is when the trial goes live...does it automatically know I'm playing the trial when the preload is the retail game? In other words, right now I can click on the M20 tile and it says that the game unlocks at 9pm August 1st. This is the first year where I preordered before playing the trial, so I'm just curious how it knows to unlock.

Dude first off, 9pm?? What timezone are you in??

And yeah it does know even with a pre-order. I did something similar for Madden last year for the first time and once the trial is available it'll just treat it like the trial and then when you run out of time it'll go back to the message you have now.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Madden 20 Pre-Load Available on Xbox One

Quote:

EA access is not out though on ps4 until July 24 though..did they change that?

Yeah on Xbox you could get EA Access early though to preorder and get the 10%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Dude first off, 9pm?? What timezone are you in??

And yeah it does know even with a pre-order. I did something similar for Madden last year for the first time and once the trial is available it'll just treat it like the trial and then when you run out of time it'll go back to the message you have now.

Ah, thanks for that I appreciate it!

I preordered the standard edition which launches on August 2nd, so it unlocks for me on the 1st at 9pm. I'm Pacific time zone. I guess they don't want to mess with staggered unlock times, so once the East coast gets it at midnight it's unlocked everywhere (I think). It's always the same with digital movies too, if I preorder then I can watch it at 9pm the night before it launches.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:18 PM   #30
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Is this available on PS4 yet?
Old 07-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #31
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Is this available on PS4 yet?
you mean pre-load available on ps4 ? i dont' think so.. i already pre-ordered Superstar Edition in Playstation Store yesterday. it said 7/27/2019 but i think we probably pre-load it on 7/23/2019. Last time i pre-loaded Madden 19 on August 3 before it release on August 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 07:22 PM   #32
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

I ordered the game thursday thtu access and i still cant play...what gives??? On xbox one....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »