Home

Madden NFL 20 Player Ratings Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Player Ratings Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Player Ratings Revealed

If you only focus on OVR (which doesn't mean much) then it's going to look like not much was done. If you look at each players' relevant skills you are going to see a much wider distribution than in the past.

Just look at QB THP. There are elite QBs with THP that would've made them unusable in M19 on default settings.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #74
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Can someone at EA tell these players who are crying over their low rating about the spread ratings in this year's game? Every player seems to be coming out and saying they are too lowcand upset over a rating in a video game. This was also my concern, players would be upset and the spread will have to be removed at the request of the NFL or NFLPA. Hope it doesn't get to that point.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:14 PM   #75
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Can someone at EA tell these players who are crying over their low rating about the spread ratings in this year's game? Every player seems to be coming out and saying they are too lowcand upset over a rating in a video game. This was also my concern, players would be upset and the spread will have to be removed at the request of the NFL or NFLPA. Hope it doesn't get to that point.

I don't think it will. At minimum, even if the outcry was outrageous, that would be WAY too much work to undo all of this at this point with release in two weeks.

Also, I Clint did post the ratings spread article a couple times to try to get people to understand but nobody wants facts, they just want to complain... welcome to the internet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #76
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I don't think it will. At minimum, even if the outcry was outrageous, that would be WAY too much work to undo all of this at this point with release in two weeks.

Also, I Clint did post the ratings spread article a couple times to try to get people to understand but nobody wants facts, they just want to complain... welcome to the internet.
I heard a NFL player boycotting Madden because of his rating. It's like really, get a life already lol. Wonder how he feels when his peers downgrade his skills on the field. Boycott the team? Boycott practice? Cry on Twitter? If a Madden rating means that much to him maybe use it as motivation maybe...a millionaire professional football player we're talking about here.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-16-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This is a perfect storm of marketing for EA Tibs.

All of this talk and banter from the teams and players is just continuing and a great marketing ploy by EA.

EA Tibs hopes this is discussed until release day.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunDimer
Not sure if this has been discussed, but could the rating spread be more for the generated players? I could see EA limiting the spread for the current NFL players and the online community. Could the gap between starters and reserves widen as we progress year-to-year, I believe they stated the draft classes should reflect this? Unsure if any beta players noted depth charts with a decade of progression.
This was my concern coming out of the beta. Years into a cfm the base roster players were still more highly coveted than generated players.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone seen if offensive lineman development traits can change over time this year?
Old 07-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #80
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14

The true key is just not the players but the MUT community. If they complain too much about players being low, will EA change it in order to satisfy the MUT crowd and keep them spending money?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »