Home

Why can't this team win?

This is a discussion on Why can't this team win? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

OVR: 0
Why can't this team win?

If you take a look at this team, they should be making the playoffs at the least and they can't even come close. I'm simming this franchise so it is all CPU. I just do FA and NFL Draft.
Can anyone tell me what I might be able to improve on to get them in the winning column more often?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why can't this team win?

What is the team struggling with? Defensive numbers, offensive numbers?

By the looks of it your Pass defense should be top notch, but other than that you're whole team is probably in the "above average" -ish range. You don't really have any stars on offense seeing as your best player is your RG.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Can anyone tell me what I might be able to improve on to get them in the winning column more often?
Yeah.

Don't be the J-E-T-E
Old 07-31-2019, 03:40 PM   #4
Rookie

It's hard to sim and win in Madden without star players on offense. To dominate, you'll need at least 2 90+OVR players across QB, RB, and WR.

Splash some cash in free agency, and I'm betting you'll win 10 games next season!
Old 07-31-2019, 03:51 PM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Don't beat yourself up. Maddens simulation engine has been terrible for yours. Wins and losses are random and you will constantly see multiple teams making the playoffs at 8-8 and the two best teams in each conference will be like 11-5

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 07-31-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

Thanks for the input.
Although this team has a 97 ovr defense, it has the #24 rush defense and #28 pass defense in the league.
An offensive ovr of 85 is only getting me the #25 pass offense and #28 rush offense in the league.

I'll see what I can do in FA this season, but with these players on the team I'm already in the hole as far as salary cap goes. It's going to take trading some of my bigger money grabbers to make any kind of difference.
As an example, Mr Hurricane has an 86 ovr team with the Cardinals (91O/87D) and has won 5 superbowls. Do you think I need to flip this a little and get a better offense and let some of the defense go?

Last edited by Huskereurocat; 07-31-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #7
MVP

I have yet to dive into the sim engine this year but it has had some problems in the past. For example, you can lose the first game of the playoff's every year for ten years with the best team jf you sim through advancing the week. The secret sauce, though it takes a lot more time, is to load each game and super sim to the end. It gets more realistic results and the bonus is if you are using a custom playbook or formation subs it will actually use them in the sim. That was the case the last few years anyway.

Last edited by timhere1970; 07-31-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: S

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »