Home

Developers Can we have a Custom Camera?

This is a discussion on Developers Can we have a Custom Camera? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Developers Can we have a Custom Camera?

I only play madden via the broadcast view. I enjoy playing the game how i see it on Tv. The current braodcast camera is a little too close. It would be perfect if it was a little farther away to see the whole field. If there was a custom camera that could be accomplished. Madden on the PS2 had a custom camera why cant madden 20 have one? This is 2019 every sports game should have a custom camera. Developers please patch one in. I would even pay extra for a custom camera.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Developers Can we have a Custom Camera?

How in the world do you manage to play it via the broadcast view? Props, but I couldn't imagine accomplishing anything using that view lol

And they have like 4-5 different camera angles. I normally just use the standard one or one notch out to see more of the field

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 12:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its the best view man. Its all about timing with your recievers. Thats the way you see it on tv on sundays. Remember Tecmo bowl? Playing all 22 view is not what you see consistently on tv. A Custom camera is what is needed in the game.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
MVP

We've been asking for this for years. While I love the zoom camera and think it's close to perfect, there's no excuse why every major sports title has custom camera options except for Madden. At least let us adjust the camera views that are currently in the game to our liking.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
MVP

I agree give us option. I remember when the had custom cam on PS2, you could use a combination of the cameras available to set as run or pass default views or customize the camera view with the L and R sticks. Then they took it out for PS3, 360 and then we didn't even get different views again until PS4, Xbox One versions.

I find it interesting though you can actually play with the sideline view in Madden. It is not even close to the old Tecmo games sideline view which was more an overhead flat view and not sideline.

I can play with the broadcast cam in NBA 2K, all MLB games (pitcher view when pitching) FIFA, Golf, and NHL, even Rugby Challenge 3 (which is similar to football), but never in Madden.

Last edited by baconbits11; 08-04-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #6
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjohnnyc
Its the best view man. Its all about timing with your recievers. Thats the way you see it on tv on sundays. Remember Tecmo bowl? Playing all 22 view is not what you see consistently on tv. A Custom camera is what is needed in the game.
True but you cant see the holes when running the ball from that angle for like cutback lanes. I dont see how you can play in that view. Its not ideal for playing it , and that view is for like you say, .....for the fans to watch it on TV lol.

The standard view is from more a player perspective having the defense and offense in front of you when playing. Id venture to say maybe 1% of players use that view and if its more im certain it is less than 5%. It just isnt ideal.
Tecmo bowl was like 5 on 5 from a top like view.

I think the options we have is fine. I only use standard and wide. Hate zoom. Cant see enough of the field.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 08-04-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
Pro

Idk how anyone in their right mind can play on that angle lol you cant see anything worthwhile. The running would be terrible. Passing. Everything

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

i totally agree and have asked for this for so long. We need a custom camera option.

When i play def i prefer to use the defensive camera. However i do wish i could just move it slightly lower , and with a wider field of view. It would really help you feel like your on the field. I would even use this for offense as well.

We just simply need the option. Maybe one day.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »