Home

Fumble Frequency

This is a discussion on Fumble Frequency within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fumble Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
but before stating someone's own doing is breaking the game: with six minute quarters, how many snaps are being played? If it is much less than 115-130, then the frequency of these events are too great in terms of realistic NFL stats, which I think is what folks are looking for in terms of fumbles. If kept at 6 minutes these events may then occur at a normal frequency per game (but greater on a per play basis in the video game), but then are other stats reduced from NFL typical averages (fewer plays, fewer attempts, fewer yards, etc.)?

If 4 or 6 minutes is giving the normal 120-130 or around that then your argument that the time change, increasing total plays, should then lead to a greater total number of fumbles should be sound.
4-6 min quarters do not produce anywhere near 120-130 snaps per game. It's probably more like 60-80. If someone decides to milk the clock from the opening snap it could be even less.

This game is not designed nor balanced to be played with real life snap counts.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #50
Rookie

Topic creator here. I adjusted my playing style to incorporate less juking and more covering of the ball, and it hasn't been quite as bad.

I'm five seasons in to a franchise, and I signed safety Derwin James, who seems to have a knack for forcing fumbles. It's not to a game breaking extent, probably because I'm on All-Madden, but he does do it far more often than my other players.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #51
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH2293
Topic creator here. I adjusted my playing style to incorporate less juking and more covering of the ball, and it hasn't been quite as bad.

I'm five seasons in to a franchise, and I signed safety Derwin James, who seems to have a knack for forcing fumbles. It's not to a game breaking extent, probably because I'm on All-Madden, but he does do it far more often than my other players.

You’re right about James. Lost a game last night in FoF because every time I got close to the end zone he caused a FF on the receiver and ended the game with 5 FF.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #52
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I think they need to separate hard hitters from guys who go for the ball when tackling. Most forced fumbles QBs or otherwise are guys getting the ball stripped out or punched out, not getting laid out and dropping it. Derwin James for example didn't force a single fumble last year, and only forced 2 in his entire college career.

They should consider different penalties for getting crushed beyond just a fumble, like a reduced catch rating for a WRs for a few plays to simulate alligator arms, or a sharp drop in fatigue for running backs.

Last edited by JBucc; 08-11-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

On the subject of tuning stats to match real life, EA needs to tune based on a per snap formula.

It’s not that difficult of a concept.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #54
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
On the subject of tuning stats to match real life, EA needs to tune based on a per snap formula.

It’s not that difficult of a concept.
Per snap is absolutely the way to go with this. They also need to tone down hit sticks in general or and my preference, make it so you have to have a certain amount of hit power to hit stick or tie hit stick directly into the big hitter trait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »