Home

What is up with all the fake fg attempts by the AI???

This is a discussion on What is up with all the fake fg attempts by the AI??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #17
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is up with all the fake fg attempts by the AI???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm not sure if it is realistic according to nfl averages but situationally where I have seen the cpu AI fake it has been realistic to me

It'll get your prepared for playing online, another reason to like it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t play online so no effect on me lol.

CPU did it to me once on 4th down with three minutes to go in the game when they were up 37-14.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwell23m
It is borderline breaking Face of the Franchise for me. The AI is faking FGs for my team multiple times a game.
This. I've played more Face of the Franchise so that's why I posted a thread. Because like you said, your team does it multiple times per game usually. And so does the cpu team you are facing. If you do normal speed on super sim it's easy to catch when it happens.

It truly can be considered gane breaking. I sure hope they can fix it. At least in simulated games. Not sure if it's patchable however.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #19
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I mentioned all this in Tdawgs xp slider thread, but felt it was due it's own thread in the main forum.

Now this may sound crazy but I am 100% positive this is happening. During simulations the AI is attempting a ton, and I mean a TON of fake field goals.

I know this because the cpu has attempted them at least three times I remember in games I've played.

Also, in face of franchise mode on the super sim parts they are attempting a bunch of them as well. My team last game I played attempted two on the same drive, in the first quarter down 6-0!

How do I know they did on super sim? Because my backup qb went 1/1 for 6yds in the game. That was the first fake field goal that gave me a first down. Then I failed tp get a td again, and they AGAIN do not kick a fg down 6-0. How do I know? Well because the super sim never said missed fg like it would have. Also my kicker had zero fg attempts the entire game. Oh and btw, I was inside the 20 on that drive for the first fake fg attempt.

And it's happening every game. Fitz always seems to have at least 1 pass attempt per game. And I know my qb never was hurt cause I played the offensive side the entire game.

Honestly, it about kills the game because it costs the AI games, as well as me in the face of franchise mode. The best way to be fair about it is probably to super sim all 4th down attempts and pray the AI makes the right decision.

Sorry this has gotten long. But this is a huge problem imo. And the reason why the sim stats are screwy in regards to kickers. This will also inflate the TD passes in a season that we see to an extent. If only there was a stat in game to track fake fg attempts. Trust me, this is happening during simulations. Just no way to see it visibily.

In the new player storymode thing, they do fake fgs every game if not every other game. Helps me though lol. As you said, it wouldn't make sense most of the time they do it either.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's probably because their kick power meter suddenly disappears and they're left no other choice.

Seriously though, I just played the Super Bowl of year 1 against the Pats and they tried it from about the 4 yard line; it felt like something Belichick would do in the fourth quarter down by 14 points. The only thing that would have been different is that in real life they would have succeeded, instead I just beat the block and tackled them in the backfield...boo hoo...cry me a (philip) river(s)
Old 08-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has happened a ton for me in Face of the Franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »