Home

Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

The NFL is considered one of the greatest shows on earth. The pregame hype, the fireworks,...

Written By: Jeff Botkin

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 02:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review

Sideline to sideline it looks great. What stretches just outside the sidelines, is the stuff of horror and ignored in an article on presentation. Not mentioning the lack of refs in an article on presentation also seems like a fairly large omission.

Weather is yet another area not touched on. Hopefully next gen we can actually see some snow accumulation and different amounts of snow/rain that are noticeable. If I recall correctly EA used to have light and heavy snow options but you could not tell the difference between the two, so they just removed heavy snow as an option (As far as I can tell).

Presentation also includes the cameras, and the lack of any relevant editions to them. Custom cameras are probably a dream until next gen. At the very least give us the ability to make minor edits (Zoom/Height) like FIFA does. The defensive camera view needs some work. Would love to use it but I always give up far more big gains. Would prefer something farther away that zooms in on the action one a handoff or catch is made.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:36 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinanelevator
Hopefully next gen we can actually see some snow accumulation and different amounts of snow/rain that are noticeable.
Man they should just ditch the snow altogether. It should just be so the field is frosted over + flurries, like in FIFA. That would look way better.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Man they should just ditch the snow altogether. It should just be so the field is frosted over + flurries, like in FIFA. That would look way better.

FIFA uses an orange ball for those games, you want an orange ball too? Nope, not after seeing how they did it in Days Gone. I need my snow and I need it to accumulate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVRGYkRSLeY

Old 08-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Graphics are never bad in this game on the field, I can't remember a bad looking Madden. But that's not the problem.

Sidelines are an issue for me though, it still are look like ps3 material to me. 6 different camera men all dressed the same pointing the camera in the same direction and not moving and players getting shoved out of bounds and magically running through these generic players running through their bodies, this needs to be addressed? Still NO Cheerleaders, we need more life on the sidelines. if you look at a real game, it's so much more lively. Even the addition of guys selling hot dogs wouldn't hurt. More stat screens in game are sorely missing, I would like to see more head to head matchups between star players. Presentation could be so much more. I Don't mind not having a good halftime, but give me stats during the game, and I'll be happy.

I will agree, the game is purty on paper, and how it moves and the field, the nice looking uniforms, the lighting, the skies look great and the stadiums themselves are spot on pretty detailed. Like mentioned, Custom soundtracks are sorely miss, I would love to implement stadium sounds again like we used to on the older sports games, This is NEXT Gen, come on, needs to be done.

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 08-06-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

There is a great comparison vid on youtube of madden 19 vs 20 and the difference is staggering to my eyes at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lcXkH262-g

I love the fact that they went with a more natural color tone opposed to that vile olive green tint from the battlefield games.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Lighting is definitely a bump up. Those crowd comparisons though.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #8
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Graphics - I prefer Madden 20 over Madden 19 hands down & not even close on PC. Madden 19's style in Madden was just strange. The pregame lighting in Madden 20 is still wrong however. You'll pick a sunny day but will show as cloudy, but once the game starts its sunny on the field, so it's not a big deal. Just a fine detail EA overlooks.

Presentation - I think it's pretty good and seeing different cut scenes from last yr

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-06-2019 at 09:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »