Home

Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #17
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review

Cant believe this article gives EA a pass on basically doing nothing for presentation and commentary from 19 to 20.

Fixed a lighting bug... good, should have never been that dark in the first place

Sidelines terrible, Weather terrible, Just scenes during games, not immersion,

Watching a walk around and text coach talk on the phone in his office??? What?? thats just horrible design

Stadiums look great but nothing to se here for more than a quick intro.

halftime, repetitive

Commentary for a mode in the game (franchise) doesn't get updated? why"
Old 08-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Life
Cant believe this article gives EA a pass on basically doing nothing for presentation and commentary from 19 to 20.

Fixed a lighting bug... good, should have never been that dark in the first place

Sidelines terrible, Weather terrible, Just scenes during games, not immersion,

Watching a walk around and text coach talk on the phone in his office??? What?? thats just horrible design

Stadiums look great but nothing to se here for more than a quick intro.

halftime, repetitive

Commentary for a mode in the game (franchise) doesn't get updated? why"
The developers have already stated why they can't make the sidelines better so I don't know what you expect there. There is only so much they can do because of the ability of the system.

There is definitely new commentary in the game. Playing 40+ games now in franchise mode, there I've heard a bunch of things I've never heard before. It's not completely revamped but like you seem to want, but there is new stuff.

What do you want for a menu in the game? The coach walking around may get old but it's better than just nothing like old games.

Of course halftime gets repetitive. Do you think they will have a new halftime for you to watch every game? Even with the old 2K games it eventually became the same highlights and stuff over and over again. It's always going to be like that for every sports game.

I don't understand why people think every year a completely new game will be built. Not only do they only have a year to make a new game, they also spend time updating the previous year to make it better. If you can't see the differences in 19 and 20, I'm pretty much guessing you already went in with a bad attitude towards the game in the first place.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #19
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

Disagree with 100 of your responses.

Yea ok, maybe there is new commentary but still.. coachmen is a waste, and all the cut scenes between the plays , like player position intros and even talking about this years stats for franchise is missing.

I don't care if EA cries about limitations for the sidelines. We're not paying $60 a year for limitations from a billion $$ company. MUT doesn't have limitations

And the coach in the office, it's the worst example of a solution for immersion. Hell head coach used the floating around the stadium and that was 2009 and light years ahead of a coach farting around in his office. So yeah I want more.

and I will add...the franchise menus are very poorly designed... the diamonds for super star look terrible, combined with the swoosh fonts here and there, the scheme fit logo, the abilities its all just a jumbled and all over the place and like there were designing with no consistency or cohesion what so ever.

The news section is hidden in the 3rd screen

It's bad. No excuses for a billion dollar company with an exclusive license, its last and bad.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Disagree with 100 of your responses.

Yea ok, maybe there is new commentary but still.. coachmen is a waste, and all the cut scenes between the plays , like player position intros and even talking about this years stats for franchise is missing.

I don't care if EA cries about limitations for the sidelines. We're not paying $60 a year for limitations from a billion $$ company. MUT doesn't have limitations

And the coach in the office, it's the worst example of a solution for immersion. Hell head coach used the floating around the stadium and that was 2009 and light years ahead of a coach farting around in his office. So yeah I want more.

and I will add...the franchise menus are very poorly designed... the diamonds for super star look terrible, combined with the swoosh fonts here and there, the scheme fit logo, the abilities its all just a jumbled and all over the place and like there were designing with no consistency or cohesion what so ever.

The news section is hidden in the 3rd screen

It's bad. No excuses for a billion dollar company with an exclusive license, its last and bad.
MUT has the same sidelines. The reason they can't make the sidelines better has to do with system memory for the PS4/XBOX. It has nothing to do with EA. If they made the sidelines better then gameplay would slow down because of the ability of the console. It's the reason they took the refs off the field so they could improve the gameplay. Basically they have maxed out the ability of the current console generation.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #21
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

The only “maxed out” ability is the ability of EA to produce a quality product

Not just Madden... but anthem, battlefront .. all of them lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
The only “maxed out” ability is the ability of EA to produce a quality product

Not just Madden... but anthem, battlefront .. all of them lately.
So my suspicion is probably true. You already have a negative view of the game going in so you think everything is bad about it. No need to keep going here then. Enjoy not playing the game.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #23
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
So my suspicion is probably true. You already have a negative view of the game going in so you think everything is bad about it. No need to keep going here then. Enjoy not playing the game.
I’m just not going into “Stockholm Syndrome” and letting Ea off easy
Old 08-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #24
MVP

There's still a lot of room for improvement in all aspects of Madden's presentation.

Lighting is much improved and truly impressive this year, but, like others have said, sidelines are a pretty glaringly flawed part of the visual package. It's also a shame that crowd detail took a bit of a step back based off of the video that Tomba shared.

I'd of course like to see refs return sooner rather than later. Their absence isn't that noticeable on most plays, but it's kind of jarring to not see them present for extra point and field goal attempts.

Broadcast wise, multiple graphics packages are an absolute must. I'd also like to see the return of player headshots for defensive/offense introductions as opposed to the gimmicky poses we've had for four years. Also, I'd prefer it if some of the more AR-inspired overlays (1,2) were made into more traditional ones. Lastly, I'd like to see fans present during stadium exterior shots.

I'm still a fan of Gaudin and Davis' commentary, but I think they could upgrade from Coachman for pre-game and halftime segments.

Within Franchise, there's a lot of wasted potential with the ticker at the bottom of menus. Last year, they switched it from running real-life NFL.com headlines to regurgitating the fake Tweets from within the mode. I'd really love to see the ticker show scores from the previous week, matchups from the upcoming week, and even injury and transaction news.

I'd also love to see a weekly wrap-up show, but I can understand why that might be pushed off for the next generation of consoles. It could either be video-based, like the Extra Point from M10 and M11, or audio-based like the old Tony Bruno radio show or Inside The Show from MLBTS.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »