Home

Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 07:09 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
There's no reason EA can't implement a proper halftime/postgame show, especially with the ESPN license. It's by far one of the weakest presentation packages in any game. Even NBA Live has a full halftime report.

As dead as the horse already is, NFL 2K5 is the gold standard for true broadcast presentation. Two console generations later and we don't have anything remotely close to that level of immersion.
I agree Maddens halftime isn’t good. I wasn’t saying it was. I was saying all of them get repetitive. After 10 halftimes on 2k you still got the same repetitive highlights. That’s just sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #42
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
I agree Maddens halftime isn’t good. I wasn’t saying it was. I was saying all of them get repetitive. After 10 halftimes on 2k you still got the same repetitive highlights. That’s just sports games.
Very good point with every sports game.

Playing:
Old 08-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #43
MVP

Madden 20 Presentation and Graphics Review

Worst part of presentation for me is how lame TD cutscenes are. Celebrations are cute I guess but a nice package of 10 or 12 cutscenes that actually feature 5 or 6 guys jumping around and a cut to the QB with his arms up or whatever would be much better. Most of the celebrations I’ve seen so far are literally just the guy who scored doing the Superman pose or whatever then monotonously walking back to the sideline. Utterly boring and totally unrealistic on top of it.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I think a better comparison would be comparing Madden 08 to Madden 20 & how the sidelines haven't improved/improved within the same company. I honestly don't think 2ks were that special at the time, but to each their own. Maybe APF had all that space since they didn't even have a franchise mode...

Madden 08 Xbox 360 added just for you.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #45
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

[quote=loveinanelevator;2049861091]Madden 08 Xbox 360 added just for you.

I see improvement, Thanks bud!

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinanelevator
Pretty much the answer I would expect. You have no clue how much space programming uniform details, grass, shadows, lighting, equipment, real players faces, way more animations, sideline catches/awareness (heck, the video you posted the guy got one foot in bounds with plenty of time to actually catch the ball with 2). If you break all that down for me in your next post I'll take your claims seriously. You won't however, because you have no idea, just like the rest of us.

I have a hard time believing a company wouldn't put something that seems simple like sideline play in a game, especially with how crazy people get about it, if there wasn't a reason they couldn't.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Pretty much the answer I would expect. You have no clue how much space programming uniform details, grass, shadows, lighting, equipment, real players faces, way more animations, sideline catches/awareness (heck, the video you posted the guy got one foot in bounds with plenty of time to actually catch the ball with 2). If you break all that down for me in your next post I'll take your claims seriously. You won't however, because you have no idea, just like the rest of us.

Grass programmers never reveal their secrets, we are like Magicians. Just like Magicians have assistants, we have assistants. They do not dress as nice and we do not get to saw them in half but they bring a similar artistic quality to development of grass.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #48
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
I never got bored of watching 2K5's halftime/postgame shows or weekly wrap-ups. I enjoy watching good highlights, especially when they're presented like we would see on TV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »