Home

Any news on an upcoming patch at all?

This is a discussion on Any news on an upcoming patch at all? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #17
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any news on an upcoming patch at all?

I don't want to add any misinformation, but I thought it was said in an ea stream there was a title update coming this week not next. I might have misheard though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I don't know Road, maybe I received some sort of magical Madden 19 disc but I played 9 franchise seasons and never saw the nonsense I am seeing with Madden 20, regarding clock management. The CPU repeatedly is not calling timeouts when in field goal range to win games or in need of a touchdown. The defensive AI is fine when behind, as they will call aggressive schemes and use timeouts appropriately. Something went very wrong here.
Yeah, I’ve experienced the same. It’s not the normal lack of clock awareness, this is more extreme. Entirely oblivious of the clock at all. Down by 2, ball on my 15 yard line, and they just keep calling plays until the time runs out. No consideration of a field goal.

Interestingly, I had this happen to me. One of my house rules is that I can only select from the first page (3 plays) from the run or the pass suggestions on offense. I just finished a game that went to overtime. CPU got the ball first, I stopped them. I drove down to their 30. No field goal suggested by the play-call, it was still suggesting passes. Got inside the 20, no field goal, still suggesting passes. Got inside the 10, still no field goal, still calling for passes. I wound up throwing a TD from the 5 yard line to end the game.

So the game was offering up play calls to me that were entirely oblivious of the game situation, similar to that which we see from the CPU.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:45 PM   #19
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
Yeah, I’ve experienced the same. It’s not the normal lack of clock awareness, this is more extreme. Entirely oblivious of the clock at all. Down by 2, ball on my 15 yard line, and they just keep calling plays until the time runs out. No consideration of a field goal.

Interestingly, I had this happen to me. One of my house rules is that I can only select from the first page (3 plays) from the run or the pass suggestions on offense. I just finished a game that went to overtime. CPU got the ball first, I stopped them. I drove down to their 30. No field goal suggested by the play-call, it was still suggesting passes. Got inside the 20, no field goal, still suggesting passes. Got inside the 10, still no field goal, still calling for passes. I wound up throwing a TD from the 5 yard line to end the game.

So the game was offering up play calls to me that were entirely oblivious of the game situation, similar to that which we see from the CPU.
yup 100%. I have run into these exact same issues myself both in CFM and play now.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:18 PM   #20
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

The patch is coming August ‘20 right...as in Madden 21?
Old 08-13-2019, 09:46 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
The patch is coming August ‘20 right...as in Madden 21?
No. According to several sources mentioned in this thread Madden 20 will receive a title update this month, possibly as early as next week.

I'm responding to your post directly because not only is your snide joke remark just old, lazy, and tired, but it willfully ignores the dozens of post-launch title updates Tiburon has delivered to Madden games over the past decade.

You can criticize Tiburon for a lot of things with how they handle Madden. Unwillingness to support their products post-launch is absolutely not one of those things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 11:18 PM   #22
Rookie

Does anyone know if any potential update will include player likeness or face scan updates? Been seeing stuff about it coming soon, but nothing yet
Old 08-14-2019, 12:09 AM   #23
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

The patch needs to fix the menu updates when editing players .. it’s super annoying to update a player then have to back completely out of the roster to have the change take effect.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:02 AM   #24
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuval20
Does anyone know if any potential update will include player likeness or face scan updates? Been seeing stuff about it coming soon, but nothing yet
They’ll need to update Jalen Hurd and Deebo cause they’re going to be household names by the end of the year.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »