Home

New Pass Trajectories

This is a discussion on New Pass Trajectories within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Pass Trajectories

Deion Jones is still ridiculous in coverage - leads my team / the league in passes defended and had a team high 9 INT for my CFM. (I think 2-3 were tipped and he grabbed them in the air, but still)

With that being said, it is MUCH easier to pass over LB's this year - I'm not sure if it's TOO easy or if it's just easier based on how ridiculously good in coverage LB's were last year lol.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #10
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
The only thing I feel needs tuning is LB's being a bit overly nerfed when I make a mistake and throw a ball that the defender should have a chance to make a play on. At times, I've seen LB's "crouch down" and watch the ball go by them, with no attempt made at swatting the ball. I'd like to see that remedied, but leave the trajectories just as they are. It's spot on.
I've seen this as well, but so far I've only played four games on a CFM that I'm just using as a goof around sandbox until the first major gameplay patch comes out. I'm kind of purposely throwing bad passes or taking silly risks just to test things. In two of those four games I've played, I saw a good amount of LBs seemingly shying away from making a play, the "crouch down" look as you described it. I don't have nearly enough of a sample size to make any conclusions... but does seem to be a chance that they de-tuned LBs a bit too much. Even if you brought back the worst Superman six-foot-vertical leaping MLBs from a few Maddens ago, the new pass trajectory should have defeated most of that all on it's own. I need more snaps to get a better feel, but yea, definitely struck me as a bit off at times with LBs not even trying to make a play / swat attempt on throws that seemed to be within an arms reach or so.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I made this back for Madden 09. It was true for WAAAY too long.
https://imgur.com/a/8AwK1QC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 02:40 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I've seen this as well, but so far I've only played four games on a CFM that I'm just using as a goof around sandbox until the first major gameplay patch comes out. I'm kind of purposely throwing bad passes or taking silly risks just to test things. In two of those four games I've played, I saw a good amount of LBs seemingly shying away from making a play, the "crouch down" look as you described it. I don't have nearly enough of a sample size to make any conclusions... but does seem to be a chance that they de-tuned LBs a bit too much. Even if you brought back the worst Superman six-foot-vertical leaping MLBs from a few Maddens ago, the new pass trajectory should have defeated most of that all on it's own. I need more snaps to get a better feel, but yea, definitely struck me as a bit off at times with LBs not even trying to make a play / swat attempt on throws that seemed to be within an arms reach or so.
I had been waiting for patch before I started my franchise as well. I played a bunch of play now games and then my 3rd CFM preseason game a million times so as to set my sliders and decide yeah or nay on X Factor. The "crouching linebacker-hidden swat ball mechanic" showed itself pretty glaringly. Even when clicking on to a defender and attempting a user swat, the animation does not trigger. Every other input is working in the game, better and more responsive than ever.

You said it best; the ball trajectories being reworked as they've been are enough. They nailed that as well as they possible could have. Just give an "underneath defender" a chance to make a play on the ball only within his reach.

If I don't put air under the ball when necessary, I want to and should pay the consequences. Now that I've been given that tool, it's on me to use it and not receive any additional boost. I would add that on a real short-quick throw, if the LB doesn't have eyes on the ball coming, I can see him then not being able to make a play on the ball in that particular situation. Just needs some fine tuning. It's really close. Nothing crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »