Home

Fumbles are out of control

This is a discussion on Fumbles are out of control within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:42 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Fumbles are out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Yeah I mostly fumble with the RB and I'm constantly using L1. I have understanding with a qb fumbling when he gets smoked but Melvin Gordon is my RB and he led the league in fumbles last year by twice any computer player and is leading again on my current season.
As a heads-up: L1 is lateral.

Tap R1 is switch ball hand, and hold R1 is Cover Ball.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I didn't even know there was an option to cover the ball, because you simply didn't need to use it before. After struggling with fumbles just after release, I have no issues whatsoever now I use cover before I get hit.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, I've seen those fumbles especially with Enforcers, but I started a new franchise and I'm 4 games in and there has only been 2 fumbles recorded.

I'm cpu vs user all pro 10 minute quarters using sliders in the slider forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 08:05 AM   #12
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

I got fed up with it. 4+ a game happening two often. Playing as Dallas, Zeke averaging a fumble a game.

So I just turned human fumbles up to 90 and CPU to 70 (All Madden, simulation) and it's more playable now.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Coaching adjustment - set to conservative.

Cover ball before being tackled.

Slide when running as a QB.

Apparently, the majority of fumbles are from QBs.
1.- We shouldn't be needing to use the Coaching adjustment - set to conservative to get realistic play, those should be use on specific scenarios not to fix an issue with the game.

2.- Issue is happening on both teams, as you can see on the screenshots. CPU does not cover the ball neither use the adjustment

3.- In the last 20 maddens this is the first one who have issues with fumbles, this is not a legacy issue. It's so obvious they tune this for h2h comp players and not user/cpu sim players. NFL Blitz had fewer fumbles than madden 20.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #14
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Armour has it in his slider thread to set user fumble to 70, and for me it worked. Just played a game and instead of coughing it up every 3-4 plays against Collins, I didnt fumble at all.

Still annoying that every tackle is a hit stick type. That's annoying.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-19-2019, 01:01 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Armour has it in his slider thread to set user fumble to 70, and for me it worked. Just played a game and instead of coughing it up every 3-4 plays against Collins, I didnt fumble at all.

Still annoying that every tackle is a hit stick type. That's annoying.
The hit sticking is way overdone. I have devin bush but might as well have the incredible hulk out there. In simulation hit sticking should be used to bust up a pass and i have actually managed to tune the game to get quite a bit of hits on the receiver and knocking it loose. In the running game people should tackle not hit stick almost always.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
1.- We shouldn't be needing to use the Coaching adjustment - set to conservative to get realistic play, those should be use on specific scenarios not to fix an issue with the game.

2.- Issue is happening on both teams, as you can see on the screenshots. CPU does not cover the ball neither use the adjustment

3.- In the last 20 maddens this is the first one who have issues with fumbles, this is not a legacy issue. It's so obvious they tune this for h2h comp players and not user/cpu sim players. NFL Blitz had fewer fumbles than madden 20.
Nah, Booker, you are incorrect on #3. There were issues in Madden 09 or somewhere around there with fumbles. The issue didn't get fixed till remember. I remember everyone was on edge about the fumbles because it took so long to fix.

As far as advice goes Booker, people are trying to give advice on how to minimize the issue with fumbles for the time being, not this, gee, we shouldn't need to do this in the first place attitude.

People give advice to utilize all the tools in the toolbelt that we have, shouldn't be met with a bunch of yeah, but's...………….

Last edited by roadman; 08-19-2019 at 01:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »