Home

A.I. Running Priorities

This is a discussion on A.I. Running Priorities within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:07 AM   #1
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
A.I. Running Priorities

It seems like the AI running backs are focused on breaking a big run every single time they get the ball. It would be awesome if the higher the awareness the more likely the running back is to understand that the number one priority on every play is a first down and the secondary goal is a big play.

If they can implement something like a magnet feature, where it pulls the RB to the first down marker on each play and after that they can only go forward it would be fantastic. I've seen too many plays where I hand the ball off to my AI running back and they have a wide open hole for 5-7 yards, yet for some reason they randomly break left or right almost at a 90 degree angle. There are also the other more frustrating plays, where we need one yard and they try to break a big play and lose three.

Then again, there are a lot of running backs in the NFL and otherwise who don't seem to understand that, so maybe it's realistic. I don't know.

Even if we just have the option to virtually tell our running back to just fall forward for three yards on this play, that would be great
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »