Home

FOTF-Don't make the 52, become Kapernick

This is a discussion on FOTF-Don't make the 52, become Kapernick within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2019, 06:53 AM   #9
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FOTF-Don't make the 52, become Kapernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS251
Is that an option? Thanks EA
Don't waste your time. I got drafted by the dolphins , got the starting job. When you play Madden 20 in this mode you see how bad the game really is. You can only control your player and when you hand off or pass the ball you see how bad the A.I. is. Players run out of bounds when they have an open field in front of them. They run directly into defenders instead of trying to avoid them. They don't use any of the moves offered by the game if you were controlling them like , juke , spin , stiff arm , they are brain dead.

I'd rather see EA focus on the regular franchise mode and dump this garbage completely.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 AM   #10
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS251
Drafted in the 4th round by Washington, both Haskins and I are 71 OVR. I lose the competition and get cut. Only option is forced retire.
Not get signed to the practice squad, not get picked up by another team, not waiting the year out and get picked up for training camp. Just retire.

Forget walking into the bathroom as a black HS senior. Forget not being able to edit anything other than your face until the pre-draft process. This is the most, rushed, poorly designed, and lazy marketing attempt Madden has ever made (and that's saying a lot).

I know this probably has already been said a million times already, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. I heard the disappointment in Franchise and waited for the start of the season to check out FOTF and I just wasted $60.

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart and my wallet, f**ck you EA.

Can I ask your playing history with American football gsmes? My 12 year old on pro difficulty is pretty far into his FOTF, and he doesnt get to play games as much. Not saying it cant be hard, but did you test this to see the outcome, or do you struggle that bad? I mean if you are having issues, instead of lashing out, ask for help
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-06-2019, 07:31 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Can I ask your playing history with American football gsmes? My 12 year old on pro difficulty is pretty far into his FOTF, and he doesnt get to play games as much. Not saying it cant be hard, but did you test this to see the outcome, or do you struggle that bad? I mean if you are having issues, instead of lashing out, ask for help
This, too. Lol.

Was wondering how bad he is, or playing on a difficulty that's ahead of where he should be playing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 10:02 AM   #12
Rookie

dudeitszoltan's Arena

I can't speak to the difficulty level, but as a "career simulator" this is a joke. The fact that the mode just ends is really sad. There could be so many interesting ways to continue on and build a career. Maybe he plays on some practice squads before breaking through as the next franchise QB in Dallas where he ends up beating Haskins and the Redskins multiple times. Probably didn't have the "resources" for all that. Seems the last half decade the career modes have been all flash and no substance
Old 09-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #13

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitszoltan
I can't speak to the difficulty level, but as a "career simulator" this is a joke. The fact that the mode just ends is really sad. There could be so many interesting ways to continue on and build a career. Maybe he plays on some practice squads before breaking through as the next franchise QB in Dallas where he ends up beating Haskins and the Redskins multiple times. Probably didn't have the "resources" for all that. Seems the last half decade the career modes have been all flash and no substance

Not to go too far off topic, but with their lackluster emphasis on franchise, is it really a shocker that they didnt put any lasting effort into this? Yes, call it a "step in the right direction", but how many more years will it take? We as a group have to understand that now-a-days the almighty dollar is prioritized over real innovation.

Ask yourself this, why spend more money, and use up dev's to work on modes that dont generate $$$? Exactly. They will ALWAYS prioritize MUT, and whatever new cash grabbing modes they come up with over chise, and superstar. Or they go the 2K route and microtransaction the hell out of it.
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Really? I'm not. They'll probably move on to the next gimmick.

Nah, it will make at least one more appearance.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #15
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
That's not the crux of the issue. The point is, a team wouldn't realistically cut a player they drafted in the 3rd-4th round (except Jachai Polite, apparently LOL). The point being that you shouldn't be forced to retire if you don't win the starting job. Anyone defending EA on that... I don't even really know what to say. It's stupid. Just calling it what it is. If the mode was expanded, maybe you'd remain on the bench until another opportunity came or you could prove yourself in practices or whatever. But the mode is pretty dang shallow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #16

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
That's not the crux of the issue. The point is, a team wouldn't realistically cut a player they drafted in the 3rd-4th round (except Jachai Polite, apparently LOL). The point being that you shouldn't be forced to retire if you don't win the starting job. Anyone defending EA on that... I don't even really know what to say. It's stupid. Just calling it what it is. If the mode was expanded, maybe you'd remain on the bench until another opportunity came or you could prove yourself in practices or whatever. But the mode is pretty dang shallow.

Maybe they didnt anticipate someone being that bad? I mean, I'm not defending them, but you cant expect perfection with everything, even more considering who we are talking about.
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »