Home

Wondering how to use a player like Kamera

This is a discussion on Wondering how to use a player like Kamera within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie

detroitlions12's Arena

OVR: 0
Wondering how to use a player like Kamera

I’m wondering what is the best way to utilize a player like Alvin Kamara who the saints line up all over. I’ve seen him do jet sweeps from the slot, line up outside and at running back of course. Is there an easy way to utilize him without doing individual subs before each play or set of plays? Do playbooks dictate some of that? Just looking for answers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Wondering how to use a player like Kamera

Generally speaking, the #1 player on the 3rd down HB slot will get subbed into shotgun sets regardless of the down. I think 2 of the Patriots' shotgun sets just use the regular #1 guy.

For the Pats, I have James White as the #2 regular HB and #1 3rd down guy even though he's technically better than Michel. I go in shotgun close to 50% of the time and get him 15+ touches easily there. Were I feeling truly spicy, he's just a "spell hb" away in every other formation

I should also add, it's been a while since I've really looked for them, but there should be singleback sets that allow you to line up the halfback in the slot with the right stick package select deal as well. So if you just want to make him the #1 guy across the board, you can set him up as a receiver without any extra menuing. And at least in the Patriots playbook, there are empty shotgun formations that put the HB out wide. So long story short, as long as Kamara is set to 'start' as the 3rd down back, he'll be in nearly every shotgun set and I'd imagine most pistol ones as well.

Last edited by AReifschneider; 09-10-2019 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:11 AM   #3
MVP

tru11's Arena

have him #1 on the rb depth chard and 3rd down depth chard.

saints book have plays with the RB out of the backfield.

thats about it unless you keep on manually subbing him at certain spots lol
Old 09-10-2019, 03:21 AM   #4
MVP

One thing to be mindful of is that Kamara's SS abilities very much favor using him out of the backfield. You won't get his extra hot routes and he's far less likely to get match ups vs. LBs if you put him in the slot or out wide.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
MVP

5WR Trio is a set that has a nice Jet Sweep play for the HB out of the slot.

Gun Doubles also has one but for the WR. If you manually formation sub Kamara to the slot though, you can have 2 HBs on the field including Kamara in the slot which might be cool.

I'm not sure if the Saints playbook already has them, but I'd look at some Split back sets too. You can manually motion Kamara out into the slot in those andv keep another HB in the backfield. Also gives you lots of options in terms of audibles since Kamara is so versatile.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »