Home

Defense Help! ALWAYS 32ND!

This is a discussion on Defense Help! ALWAYS 32ND! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 08:44 PM   #1
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Defense Help! ALWAYS 32ND!

I'm lost, confused, and stumped.

I have been fortunate through the draft, and free agency. I have stacked my defense from top to bottom, yet I always finish DEAD last in defensive total yards. As you can see, I have the right players, in the right spots.

I have finished with 40+ sacks, and 10+ ints the last 2 seasons, but over 6k yards given up as well.

I play half the games, and sim the rest. I also only play the offensive side of the ball, so I am unsure if the way I play is causing the issues, or it's just the way the game is.

Any help/tips would be appreciated. 20190921_194356.jpg20190921_193707.jpg20190921_193604.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defense Help! ALWAYS 32ND!

The players are just part of the defense. Do you call zones or M2M more often? Which actual plays are you calling and in which situations?

Giving up a lot of yards, if I were to guess, suggests that you're playing more medium to deep coverages. The CPU loves to through to the TE and HB on short routes to push down the field.

Try something with a curl/flat and hard flat to the HB side. Try putting a DT into a QB Spy to stop short middle routes.

To truly stop the Over Powered TE, you really need to user a defender and blanket the TE. Or at least double cover the TE.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
Banned

Supersimming defense can certainly be hurting you since plays take way less time which also means the defense faces more plays and thus more yards and points allowed
Old 09-21-2019, 10:58 PM   #4
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Yes , in all likelihood your games are probably having too high play counts , check this and reduce your quarter length if you want
Old 09-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #5
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The players are just part of the defense. Do you call zones or M2M more often? Which actual plays are you calling and in which situations?

Giving up a lot of yards, if I were to guess, suggests that you're playing more medium to deep coverages. The CPU loves to through to the TE and HB on short routes to push down the field.

Try something with a curl/flat and hard flat to the HB side. Try putting a DT into a QB Spy to stop short middle routes.

To truly stop the Over Powered TE, you really need to user a defender and blanket the TE. Or at least double cover the TE.
He's simming the defensive plays so it's not about him getting better as a user
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 11:27 PM   #6

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Yes , in all likelihood your games are probably having too high play counts , check this and reduce your quarter length if you want
Thank you, and also thanks to everyone above that said the same.

My snap counts are coming out fine, but indeed I wasn't paying attention to the cpu. My D would get shredded for 400 yards passing and a 70% completion rate. I lowered the pass accuracy etc and no difference.

Anywho, I will make some changes, probably lower to 12 minutes and a 20 second run off

2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #7

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Thanks to everyone for replying once again, and I am happy to say I found the right balance.

I am keeping all the settings the same, just changing the way I sim. I tried 10 minute quarters with no run off, and I felt rushed. I felt the same with 13 minute quarters and a 20 second run off. In the end I decided to sim every other opposing teams drive. I'm happy to say it works. I made the CPU work for yards, and was able to keep them at a 61% completion rate, and 212 yards. That's a huge step from a constant 70% and over 300 yards a game. I feel my team plays as it should with the talent I have.

Again, a huge thanks to everyone for the suggestions. If you notice anyone else having this issue, feel free to send them my way.

2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »