Home

Old 10-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Morale

With the new update affecting morale a little bit more, I'm curious if anyone has actually seen morale do anything at all beside a positive ratings boost? Fifa is a gigantic pile of trash this year, but in the beta negative morale would cause players to ask to be sold if they weren't going to be used more. Is there anything like that in Madden? Or does morale only affect ratings?

I think morale could be a good way to have negative scenarios. We saw tons of guys holding out this year, the most in the current CBA, and we've had lots of players asking for trades (Minka, AB, Diggs, Ramsey). We need stuff like that in the game. If guys aren't getting snaps or they aren't getting the usage they want or the contract they want then they need to start demanding a trade or a release. Guys that have played well need to hold out for a new contract. Guys that are terrible should see sharp ratings decline scenarios. Players in real life decline every week in the roster updates, but nobody in Franchise declines apart from age regression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Morale

I would love to see it affect more than just that player. Maybe if you have a WR thats frustrated and being a distraction maybe you see a temporary decline in the other WR and if you don't do something about it, maybe it spread to the QB and other positions.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #3
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

There were hints that trade demands, hold outs etc could be part of the scenario engine in the pre release build up. I don't know what the political ramifications would be if they did impliment such things (between EA, the NFL and the players).

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
MVP

Scenarios only affect human controlled teams. I think that is why they have been reluctant to put negative scenarios in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »